You laugh you lose

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb in a Facebook group?

• 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

• 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

• 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

• 17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.

• 6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.

• Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.

• 22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jackasses.

• 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.

• 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.

• 249 to post memes and gifs (several are of someone eating popcorn with the words added, “I’m just here for the comments.”)

• 19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.

• 11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.

• 12 to post F.

• 8 to ask what F means.

• 16 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.

• 3 to say "can't share"

• 2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"

• 36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.

• 15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.

• 6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "f÷×$"

• 4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".

• 13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".

• 1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb. This usually takes place within the first three comments.

• 50 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.

• 5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.

• 1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
This might resonate with some of the "little things I hate" posts recently:

View attachment 392965
This was so Caterpillar :rolleyes:
Bloody yanks loved all these different apps that half of them did the same thing. You would spend half your time thinking "Did I see that information on SharePoint or was it on Yammer or could it have been in an OutLook email or a Skype chat, maybe there's a OneDrive link somewhere, or miles down below in a Teams chat or the fucking dozens of Teams channels where there is more posts and files in each bloody channel"
1663897295439.png

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This was so Caterpillar :rolleyes:
Bloody yanks loved all these different apps that half of them did the same thing. You would spend half your time thinking "Did I see that information on SharePoint or was it on Yammer or could it have been in an OutLook email or a Skype chat, maybe there's a OneDrive link somewhere, or miles down below in a Teams chat or the fucking dozens of Teams channels where there is more posts and files in each bloody channel"
View attachment 392967
It’s any multinational, corporate fuckers never have to live a day in their life using any of these systems, and don’t see the problem with 5 separate stand alone systems that can’t communicate with each other, crying that anything else would be too expensive.

So so so much time lost. When you have to send an email to someone in another state to run a stock report, or to generate an invoice, you know you are utterly fucked.

Same fuckers insist that all field techs must come to the office daily to clock on with the biometrics system. This was after a staff member at head office resigned, handed in their resignation but their immediate boss was made redundant that same day and nothing was actioned, and payroll kept paying the resignee for 2 years. Ooops.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I am a firm believer that we achieved "computational assistance parity" a few years ago, and we are now in a state of rapid decline!
The Geeks, Lawyers and Accountants have fucked it for the rest of us!