You laugh you lose

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah its bullshit. Farmers are small business owners and should cop changes in the market the same way as every other small business owner. No one is crying out for the video ezy, vcr repair, or shopping centre curiousity stores every time they go under.
Shit, we owned part of a pharmacy and bought just before the government changed a number of rules that influence the profitability. Suddenly our 600k investment was worth 200k. Didn't get a pinch of shit from the governement then
Not sure we can equate food production with videos and vcr repairs TBH. I didn’t stay on the family farm, and have zero regrets, but I saw the struggles of plenty of generational farming families trying to do everything right, and having the goal posts moved. Saw way too may suicides in the industry as well, but that’s another story.
Can’t comment on the pharmacy issue, but that bites.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
They are all essential ingredients for life. At the time I was confused as to whether everyone in Australia suddenly discovered flavour, health, or all the frozen prepared shit they normally eat was sold out. I guess we will never really know.
Probably the same as when the panicked masses were buying kilograms of self-raising flour to make bread with...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Probably the same as when the panicked masses were buying kilograms of self-raising flour to make bread with...
I got given a bread machine (I like making bread, but cbf'd with all the kneading) just before all the COVID stuff kicked off, timing wasn't ideal, lol.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Thought about buying one of those several times, then remembered if I did I'd weigh 150kg within about 3 months.

I like bread.
Yes indeed. I try limit its use, but it is nice to easily/quickly be able to knock up a proper loaf of bread or rolls if the family is coming round for a meal. I also like bread (too much).

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Maybe I'll never understand because I don't have the money to not care about what something's worth. Like buying a 10K bike and then selling it ridden 3 times because you've upgraded....

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Ok, anyone on here ever been this angry when they have been riding in traffic?

That's some highly efficient shitting, unless they had one in the pipe ready to go.
I guess the cops are looking for a cyclist with shit on their bar grips.