You laugh you lose

moorey

call me Mia
That’s one weak arse stump in soft ground. Try that in most places and he’s wrecking that wheel and/or just lifting the front of his car and having it pulled towards the stump on its rear wheels I reckon.

moorey

call me Mia
Without reading them…I’m picturing everyone expecting either the chain or stump to fly back at him? They’re thinking of snatch straps if so, surely? I’d never do this…but the chain and winch cable really aren’t going to be stretched and fling back with that short length surely? And at slow winching speeds.
Back in my 4x days, saw plenty of morons breaking snatch strap….or have what was attached to it (bumper, tow hitch etc….yes, even a stump once) fling back at their car at 200mph……but really don’t see this particular situation ending that way….however stupid he is.
Convince me I’m wrong….I likely am.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever stand where he is standing.

If you learn something from this, kids, it's to never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever stand where he is standing.

I thought it would be stupidly obvious.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
There is some stretch in wire rope so it can spring back. Almost none in chains though.

Like @moorey says, that's a piss weak stump. I have failed to push an eucy stump around that diameter (but cut off 1.5m above ground to provide some leverage) out of the ground with our 7 ton 4wd front end loader and it wouldn't budge.

moorey

call me Mia
There is some stretch in wire rope so it can spring back. Almost none in chains though.

Like @moorey says, that's a piss weak stump. I have failed to push an eucy stump around that diameter (but cut off 1.5m above ground to provide some leverage) out of the ground with our 7 ton 4wd front end loader and it wouldn't budge.
Yep. Long cable, definitely, short like that, sweet FA and wouldn’t spring back. More worried in that situation that the tyre might fly out sideways.
*not condoning his actions in the slightest.