Yarra Trails regulars

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a nice snake-free ride to fairfield from burke this morning.
Just saw one of those heavy set wallabies in bruces.. Solid buggers.
Had a great superman stack on the tiny single track that runs below the eastern fwy bikepath and the fence to the golf course. Clipped the bars on a tree and went flying into the fence to the great amusement of the golfers.. Luckly didn't impale myself any dead branches..
Just confirmed why i always avoided that trail as it was just a hard/slow way to get from the northern end of the trails to the southern.

Last edited:

big gags

Likes Bikes
I did a couple of laps of Candlebark yesterday on the SS with three other guys - the tracks were definitely better for the recent rain and apart from being really, really humid it was a great morning to be out riding (and no snakes spotted which was a bonus!!).

For those who haven't done so and who, like me, enjoy a coffee mid ride - ride a km or so along the Yarra Trail from Candlebark and call in at the cafe in Pettys Orchard. The coffee was good and the freshly-made items using local produce are fantastic!! I had a slice of apple pie heated up with a big dollop of cream and it was sensational!!!

Cheers,

Gags

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
saw my first snake today up near bonds road, nice tiger across trail about 1 metre long, I rolled past behind it, it didn't move, I stopped for photo, as I got phone out it slithered off into bushes.

every stick and tree root looked like a snake after that.

noticed some new single track in paddock, looks like a kids track.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
Speaking of snakes, rolled straight past a little tiger on the single track between Chandler and the Pipe bridge on Friday arvo. Heading towards Chandler, looking down, looked back up and it was about 6 inches alongside the front wheel so I just kept pedalling. Right foot passed straight over the top of him! Only about 2 foot long, minding its own business. Don't think he was at all bothered!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No snakes today but the weekend warrior fuck tards were out in force. Blokes smashing it around blind corners, saw one guy nearly take out a group in bruce's. Either it's Strava or careless tools..

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No snakes today but the weekend warrior fuck tards were out in force. Blokes smashing it around blind corners, saw one guy nearly take out a group in bruce's. Either it's Strava or careless tools..
sometimes those new riders are going anti-clockwise in there, so sitting ducks.

not saying it should be one way but I know if I go anti clockwise I'll be on alert for ninja.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah agreed, was shocking everywhere though.. Hans, worsterfolds river, rosanna. Lot of guys not in great control of their bikes either.
Meh, that's what I get from riding on a Weekend (kind of).

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I did a couple of laps of Candlebark yesterday on the SS with three other guys - the tracks were definitely better for the recent rain and apart from being really, really humid it was a great morning to be out riding (and no snakes spotted which was a bonus!!).

For those who haven't done so and who, like me, enjoy a coffee mid ride - ride a km or so along the Yarra Trail from Candlebark and call in at the cafe in Pettys Orchard. The coffee was good and the freshly-made items using local produce are fantastic!! I had a slice of apple pie heated up with a big dollop of cream and it was sensational!!!

Cheers,

Gags
It is a great pit stop mate- agreed!!

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Saw one tiger today at the start of the Somme- wouldnt move off the trail and almost stepped on a juvenile while making some repairs in Annulus. It slide up behind me so when i went to turn around, i had to step over it. Closest i have come this year- scary stuff. Both flattened out their heads which looked cool

mcoccia

Likes Dirt
Tally for the day was one large tiger in the singletrack near Banksia Street, two guys of questionable character in the same area and finally an hour or so later another large tiger on the main trail just before the Banksia street bridge. Also got stung by a bee or something whilst doing about 30kph a km or so after Burke Road. Still a great day to be out.

cracker

Likes Dirt
at the start of the hot weather i saw heaps of blue tongues, must be loving all this hot weather ! only seen two snakes but i dont often ride on hot days.

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
You should all ride with me. I still havent seen one. Ive never seen one while mountain bike riding.

I must ride a loud bike.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You should all ride with me. I still havent seen one. Ive never seen one while mountain bike riding.

I must ride a loud bike.
Do laps of the somme and rosanna to bonds on a warm arvo from about 4-5pm.

Last snake hissed at me before I saw it..

velolove

Likes Dirt
Whats with those blokes racing round the Annulus Billabong last night? Do they get council permission or something?

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Been off the MTB due a decent off that killed my shoulder for a while late last year so I've been racking up the k's on the road bike. Been back on the dirt for a couple of rides lately from Camberwell and back via Mullum Mullum and Yarra trails from Hans to Richmond. Trails are in great condition, especially the section after Rosanna Gold Course. Cheers to those keeping the trails tidy.