Yackandandah XC Trails (Yack Tracks)

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
46 km of signed XC trails are set to open on October 8 and 9 just outside of Yackandandah in NE Victoria. These tracks have been built by local riders in conjunction with DELWP and their management is overseen by a committee of local volunteers (Yack Tracks Inc). All built by hand, the tracks are almost all blue with a green beginner's loop for those starting out. These are located down the hill from Beechworth MTB Park and also within 30 minutes drive from Albury's Nail Can Hill and Wodonga's Hunchback Hill trails, head a little further afield and you can ride Mt Beauty and Bright tracks too. The tracks are signposted as four separate loops so it's just a matter of choosing your loop and following the coloured arrows on the signposts. On October 8 there'll be guided rides on the trails and on October 9 there's a 3 hour enduro event (Hard Yacka) as a fund-raiser for the local school. More information can be found at the Yack Tracks website.

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the update, I was wondering whether they had been signposted since I rode there a few months back.

Will be out there this Sunday perhaps, though I don't think I'll make the 8am YOBBOS ride!!

Edit:

The most important part of @4wdphil's link: the Trail Map PDF!!!

http://www.exploreyackandandah.com.au/brochure/1421/Attraction

PPS: And watch out for wombats if descending back down Service Basin Road at night!!!!!! :flock:

PPPS: And if you are new to Yack, make sure you try a Gumtree Pie afterwards. DELISH!! Put the Beechworth Bakery to shame....

Last edited:

4wdphil

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the update, I was wondering whether they had been signposted since I rode there a few months back.

Will be out there this Sunday perhaps, though I don't think I'll make the 8am YOBBOS ride!!
Signposting is ongoing, the Digger's Loop is complete however the other loops are being done this weekend. If the weather permits they should all be done by this Sunday. The signage starts from what will be the official trackhead just past the bridge below the reservoir, (check the map in the link I provided above if this doesn't make sense). It'd be great to have a different face with our 8am group though!

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Signposting is ongoing, the Digger's Loop is complete however the other loops are being done this weekend. If the weather permits they should all be done by this Sunday. The signage starts from what will be the official trackhead just past the bridge below the reservoir, (check the map in the link I provided above if this doesn't make sense). It'd be great to have a different face with our 8am group though!
Thanks for the info!

I'll may try for 8am, but last time, it was 0 degrees celsius, which was highly unmotivating.... :smow: And it also depends on what bub duties I have to attend to first... :bathbaby:

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
46 km of signed XC trails are set to open on October 8 and 9 just outside of Yackandandah in NE Victoria. These tracks have been built by local riders in conjunction with DELWP and their management is overseen by a committee of local volunteers (Yack Tracks Inc). All built by hand, the tracks are almost all blue with a green beginner's loop for those starting out. These are located down the hill from Beechworth MTB Park .
OMG that is fantastic news! Just fantastic! It's so very pleasing to see how you guys consider terrain features and cut trail for the best advantage. With so much trail now to combine with Beechworth it'll be a multi day stay every time. That and Flame Trees for the "morning after" ride....

Well done guys - huge effort!

gnarly_rider

Likes Dirt
Last edited: