XTR M965 caliper seals

ZaskarBandit

Likes Bikes
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the rubber piston seals in an XTR M965 caliper? My rear has started leaking, basically rendering it useless and I think the front is starting to go too. From my googling it appears they were never meant to be a serviceable item so there are no official rebuild kits available.

I know it's probably a lost cause but I'm wondering if someone industrious might have tracked down the right thing online on alibaba or through some other hydraulic seal distributer. It just seems so stupid to throw away something so lovely for the sake of a 2 cent rubber seal.

Cheers

Lloyd

cobba

Likes Dirt
Try here: http://www.hytechseals.com.au/

A couple of years back, a bloke who posts on some other forums got some piston seals made by them to convert a couple of 4 piston X0 Trail calipers to use mineral oil.

I think that the piston seals cost him $3 a piece but there might of been a minimum amount that had to be ordered.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
You'll have to do some hunting around at various hydraulic/ bearing suppliers. I did a couple on my xts and because they are a square edge seal with a lip it took a while to find a stockist. I can't recall the guys I used in Brisbane but they are out there.

ZaskarBandit

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the tips guys, I was kinda hoping someone else had done the legwork already but I've been trawling through seal catalogues and I've shot off a few emails to people who have things that might work. It's just so frustrating A) because I'm doing this instead of riding B) I've grown fond of the dual control shifters which limits my options, I'd upgrade them to the newer M975 levers and brakes but I'm just concerned I'll find myself in the same boat in a few months time...

If i find something that works, I'll be sure to share it around

Cheers