Xfusion Manic - where to get replacement cartridge?

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Any one one found a source? Link Sports (x fusion importer) wont sell me the cartridge, only a $100 service. I think I can manage a dropper cartridge, and it's weird they refuse to sell the part.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Any one one found a source? Link Sports (x fusion importer) wont sell me the cartridge, only a $100 service. I think I can manage a dropper cartridge, and it's weird they refuse to sell the part.
I'm interested as well, the new prime has manic and while it feels good now I know I will need to replace it eventually.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
from linksports to my query about why they wont sell parts;

This is the way we can offer the most consistent and professional service to our customers and offer the same unilateral approach to ensure that the product will function as it should once it has left us.

yuh huh. also, we get paid for labour.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
The wintek cartridges are such an evil product, being sealed for life.

Giant, Trek and anyone else involved with Wintek “Fuck you Mother Earth, we are crimping the end of the tube so no fucker is getting in here”

Please stop using disposable products.
Yep, ill be adding this to the list of things to consider for future droppers...

Flow-Rider

Burner
from linksports to my query about why they wont sell parts;

This is the way we can offer the most consistent and professional service to our customers and offer the same unilateral approach to ensure that the product will function as it should once it has left us.

yuh huh. also, we get paid for labour.
Have you tried contacting him through RB ?

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Umm. No? Never mind, the whole "we only want to repair ourselves" thing got on my tits. I'll scratch X fusion from any future purchases. Unless its super cheap...
i understand your point, though I for one am not really interested in working on a dropper myself, apart from unscrewing collar to clean/lube..same with dampers, i’ll change wipers, but i don’t want to pull a damper fully apart-prefer to send it away
I gather from Al’s comment he doesn’t use wintek cartridges for good reasons, so based on that id send it to him

Haakon

Keeps on digging
i understand your point, though I for one am not really interested in working on a dropper myself, apart from unscrewing collar to clean/lube..same with dampers, i’ll change wipers, but i don’t want to pull a damper fully apart-prefer to send it away
I gather from Al’s comment he doesn’t use wintek cartridges for good reasons, so based on that id send it to him
Even if its a "free" service, id rather do it myself (#fuckentradies...?) if only because i like doing it.

It was a cycling deal purchase, so no warranty with link sports. Its well under 2 years old, so ill have a crack at warranty with cycling deal ( ha...), otherwise I'll get the cartridge from DIYMTB.

It will just stop me riding the Giant and make me spend more time on the Orange ;)

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
If only there was some way to leave a dropper raised. Hmm.
amateur, its about the weight weenie weight savings, imagine if you aren't carrying around an extra 278g, think of all the extra watts you could throw into extra speed up hill