XC FAQ Thread - Hardware, Training, etc...

Bodin

GMBC
Folks,

There are some great threads in here, particular on gear choices/faqs/reviews and if they were all stickied, nothing would ever get on the front page, so I'm starting a round up thread that still lets us get our questions answered or thoughts expressed nice and quickly.

Start by doing the honours and showing us your ride(s): The Post your XC Machine Thread

Hardware

| XC Tyres | XC Forks | XC Lights | XC Wheels |

Training and Nutrition

| XC Training | XC Nutrition |

No Gears, Big Wheels (or both)

| The Single Speed Thread | The 29er Forum |

Feel free to start up threads on other commonly-discussed XC topics that can be listed here.

Hope this helps. Cheers,

Bodin

Last edited:

tskelding

Squid
Bodin,

I always enjoy a nice clean page but my fear is that this will limit visibility onto these topics and no one will post as it's turning into a maze to find it.

I think that a choice will have to be made, more sticky's or make info harder to find.

My 2c!

Tom

Bodin

GMBC
Cool - point taken. Nobody has posted in these threads since I created the round up, so my idea's looking like a bad one. Anyone else got any feedback?

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Cool - point taken. Nobody has posted in these threads since I created the round up, so my idea's looking like a bad one. Anyone else got any feedback?
Hey Bodin - how about starting up a 29er gear thread. I'm sure there'd be a few Farkiner's that would be able to contribute and it would make it easier than sifting through the kiddie wheel stuff ;)

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought it made perfect sense, and was fairly self explanitary myself, but maybe a more obvious title change could be in order for those individuals who display less logic... ;)

Ricardo68

Likes Dirt
I love it. I use them as reference threads & have helped me a lot in my rebuild.

Simmo.

Likes Dirt
I thought it made perfect sense, and was fairly self explanitary myself, but maybe a more obvious title change could be in order for those individuals who display less logic... ;)
Agreed.
I didn't even know what the contents of this thread contained until I actually clicked on it...:eek:

Bodin

GMBC
but maybe a more obvious title change could be in order for those individuals who display less logic... ;)
Agreed. didn't even know what the contents of this thread contained until I actually clicked on it...:eek:
How's "XC FAQ Thread"? Is that any better now? Is FAQ a commonly used term outside the computer world? Actually... you have to be on a computer to read the thread in the first place, so maybe it's more logical that I realised... :rolleyes:

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
How's "XC FAQ Thread"? Is that any better now? Is FAQ a commonly used term outside the computer world? Actually... you have to be on a computer to read the thread in the first place, so maybe it's more logical that I realised... :rolleyes:

I'm glad you put it in caps, because at a glance XC and faq can..err..require a second glance to refrain from hitting the 'report post' button...

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
It is a good idea and very easy for those that know about those threads from the previous setup to find, but for new users it may be a little less obvious than it should be...

Any chance of getting the Post Your XC Ride thread added to the list? It keeps disappearing for extended periods of time...

DaGonz

Eats Squid
Good thinkin', 99!
having an official "training" and "nutrition" thread might be handy too...

...I'd have to go searching for a nutrition thread but there's been a recent training one.

of course then there's the "endurance prep" thread which keeps appearing in one for or another...

...maybe starting to get a bit long?

*shrug*

Cheers
Gonz

Bodin

GMBC
having an official "training" and "nutrition" thread might be handy too...

...I'd have to go searching for a nutrition thread but there's been a recent training one.

of course then there's the "endurance prep" thread which keeps appearing in one for or another...

...maybe starting to get a bit long?

*shrug*

Cheers
Gonz
Good point - there's a recent one just started and a good one from a couple of years ago that I've merged and created a link for. Should be a good start.

Or we could just put in a link to your blog ;)

At least they'll know what not to do :D:D
Are you referring to gapethedang or some other tripe that I've forgotten that I've left on the web like trash in a gutter somewhere? Either way, anything I'm responsible for needs to be completely ignored... :eek:

DW-1

Dirt Works
having an official "training" and "nutrition" thread might be handy too.
ok... look I've head of that word... "training"..

but " N U T R I T I O N " ?

SORRY... NAH... NEVER HEARD OF IT...

Is that like when you have fruit (lemon) with the tequila shot?

Elvis.
mmmmm tequila...

Bodin

GMBC

What... you don't read your stubby labels? They tell you everything you need to know.

>5% - afternoon training ride tomorrow.

=5% - morning training ride tomorrow.

<5% - how the f*** did this get in my fridge?

DaGonz

Eats Squid

Is that like when you have fruit (lemon) with the tequila shot?
sure... and of course how much cranberry juice you put in your manhattan, what to mix into your martini, that sort of thing

Cheers
Gonz