NSW WTB: Shimano I-Spec II Bracket & Nut

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Item: Shimano I-Spec II Bracket, Nut & Bolt (Right hand)
Item Condition: Working
Reason for buy: I-Spec sux
Price and price conditions: Show me what you got!
Extra Info: Shimano Sucks big time with their constantly changing EV standards. I've got a build coming up where I need to marry an I-Spec II Brake (M8000) to an I-Spec EV Shifter (M8100). The shifter when I bought it came nude (no adapter) and the brake many moons ago also didn't come with the adapter, only the shim (I think that's default though).

So, before the new frame arrives I'd like to avoid paying ridiculoud Wolf Tooth adapter prices and see if anyone has a right hand I-Spec II bracket, nut and bolt kicking around.

Pictures:
Like this:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Might have something, stranger things have come out on my spares bin. Will try and remember to look tonight.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
If you end up stuck, I can print you a bar clamp I designed to mount direct to the shifter...

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Cheers mate. I'll see how I got. Any chance you can get the band narrower? Or does that compromise on strength or clamp force too much?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Cheers mate. I'll see how I got. Any chance you can get the band narrower? Or does that compromise on strength or clamp force too much?
I probably could, but I was pretty keen to make sure it definitely won't break. I used a design someone else made previously and it broke 5mins into daughters first ride so I probably over engineered it to avoid those complaints again

Shaving a few mm off probably won't hurt it

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Cheers for looking! I'll have a chat to my LBS which often has a few random things scattered about and if not, I'll hit you up @Plankosaurus for the 3D Files (if you're willing to share)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Cheers for looking! I'll have a chat to my LBS which often has a few random things scattered about and if not, I'll hit you up @Plankosaurus for the 3D Files (if you're willing to share)
It's on thingiverse for all

I can give you the fusion360 file if you want to mess with it, or I can knock a few mm off and export it again if you're not playing with cad

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Do you definitely need the specific screw, or would just the square nut suffice? It seems the thread is a common metric thread as a rotor bolt goes straight in. I have one of the nuts I can chuck in the post if it’s any use.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Do you definitely need the specific screw, or would just the square nut suffice? It seems the thread is a common metric thread as a rotor bolt goes straight in. I have one of the nuts I can chuck in the post if it’s any use.
Cheers mate. I'll need the bracket which sits into the brake clamp as well (part #9 in the graphic), as well as the nut. The screw I can probably bodge up, or probably have one from previous I-Spec variants.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
It's on thingiverse for all

I can give you the fusion360 file if you want to mess with it, or I can knock a few mm off and export it again if you're not playing with cad

Thanks mate, thingiverse should be fine :)

beeb

Cheers mate. I'll need the bracket which sits into the brake clamp as well (part #9 in the graphic), as well as the nut. The screw I can probably bodge up, or probably have one from previous I-Spec variants.
Ah, I have one of them as well. It appears I filed a fair amount off the end of it to make clearance for a brake lever/master cylinder at some point. It's not broken, just less 'burly' than it was...

Can take a pic when I get home if it suits. Also are you running the M8000 (11sp) or M8100 (12sp) shifter? I have a spare M8000/11sp shifter if any use.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Ah, I have one of them as well. It appears I filed a fair amount off the end of it to make clearance for a brake lever/master cylinder at some point. It's not broken, just less 'burly' than it was...

Can take a pic when I get home if it suits. Also are you running the M8000 (11sp) or M8100 (12sp) shifter? I have a spare M8000/11sp shifter if any use.
Ah wow, that sounds like it may just do the trick! Running M8000 brake and M8100 shifter. Don't really have any need of 11sp any more, as the entire shed is either 12 or 9.

Ha, has @moorey moved onto 11sp yet? He might like the shifter ;)

moorey

call me Mia
Ah wow, that sounds like it may just do the trick! Running M8000 brake and M8100 shifter. Don't really have any need of 11sp any more, as the entire shed is either 12 or 9.

I'm good for 11sp shifters. Even moved Felix to 12sp. Ispec constant changes can suck a fat one.

beeb

PM me an address and I'll get the bits together tonight and chuck them in the post.

Thanks too btw, I found a Hope Pro-4 Boost front hub I didn't even know I had while looking for that shifter mount nut. :p