NSW WTB: Shimano 11 speed shifter and derailleur

goobags

Likes Dirt
Item: Shimano 11 speed shifter and derailleur
Item Condition: Used
Reason for buying: 10 speed zee derailleur doesn't allow enough chain growth
Price and price conditions: less than new
Extra Info: Would take cassette and chain if they're not flogged out. Preferably XT shifter and derailleur but would do SLX. Must be spec shifter (not bar mount) and short cage derailleur preferred
Pictures:

moorey

call me Mia
Have you considered the new wide range 10sp shimano derailleur? Coupled with a ZTTO cassette of Aliexpress, probably your cheapest option.

moorey

call me Mia
Can you buy the new wide range Shimano stuff in AUS yet? Where?
It was in one of our big online stores a month or 2 back. I didn’t know it was a thing, someone on here was selling a used Deore and I considered it for wife’s bike. I can’t even recall the model number sorry.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
George's bike shop is slightly cheaper:

Can confirm it works well with a wide range 10 speed cassette (11-42t). Apparently it can manage up to 46t cassette if you're running 1x10.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Have you considered the new wide range 10sp shimano derailleur? Coupled with a ZTTO cassette of Aliexpress, probably your cheapest option.
Not interested in wide range. Currently 11-36t gets me everywhere. 11sp would be 11-40t anyway with a 32t up front rather than 30t. Would do 12sp if they did a shorter cage and 11-42 cassette. Yes I’m weird.

More info as you don’t mind a spitfire or 10 speed. Chain kept dropping, clutch is broken so checking it an noticed in 11t the chain was slack with no option to shorten a link, checked with shock out in 36t and it is proper tight. Maybe a chain measure then new chain would be cheapest option - but if I’m up for a chain and the clutch is cooked then it’s a point where I can justify 11sp (maybe) as a new Zee derailleur seems to be more expensive than 11sp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Issue is you can’t go short cage and wide range. Zee with 11-36 was maximum. You’ll need mid cage beyond that, and in my experience, a goat link or rad cage.
Or yes, go 11sp…but that will be mid cage anyway.