VIC FOUND: M988 XTR Trail brake levers

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Heading edited, as the net is closing! :D Thanks to @Labcanary I have secured a pair of M985 calipers (only the levers differed between "race" and "trail" versions of the 980 series). Which now just leaves a pair of M988 levers to complete the package.

Also have a pretty solid dib on a M9000 Q/R rear hub, which is the other missing piece....

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Heading edited, as the net is closing! :D Thanks to @Labcanary I have secured a pair of M985 calipers (only the levers differed between "race" and "trail" versions of the 980 series). Which now just leaves a pair of M988 levers to complete the package.

Also have a pretty solid dib on a M9000 Q/R rear hub, which is the other missing piece....
It was a case of looking for something else in the parts box, saw I had them and wondered if they were suitable for Duck! Glad they were indeed what you needed high five

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I saw on Marketplace there is an XL Yeti 575 somewhere going for $1500 that has a 10 speed XTR wheelset on it.

Bit of an ask but might be worth enquiring whether the seller is willing to split yet. Does look in good condition.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Have a front hub, and sole bidder on Fleabay for a rear with a day to run, so good possibility of getting it. They will be going in carbon rims. :)

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
I have an XTR M985 low mount FD if that's any good to you...(or anyone else). Might be 2x though????

IMG_4463.JPG

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Got an email from Fleabay today advising that my rear hub is delivered, and at the bottom had a list of "other things you may be interested in".... First listing is a brakeset with M988 levers for auction, current bid at A$150-ish! o_O :D So I put a bid on!! Now a tense four days until it closes!! :oops:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Helpfully the auction ends around 10:30 on Sunday night Aus time, so I can have a decent chance of staving off last minute bombers. Just hope the numbers don't get too silly...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Someone today put in a bid £2 higher than my entry from yesterday. Must. Resist. Engaging bidding war too soon! At (currently) £90 for a full brakeset, it's a fair bit less than I've seen any listing for just a single brake of this spec! o_O I'll sit tight & not do anything to push the price up up too far....