VIC WTB: air shock 205 x 65 Trunnion - Found

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
  • Item: Air shock 205 x 65 Trunnion mount
  • Item condition: looking for something in good working order
  • Price and price conditions: $300 give or take. Happy to discuss
  • Extra Info: just bought a frame with a coil shock because I’m coil-curious. I would like to have the option of air and reckon i might end up going in that direction… Looking for something that can handle a bit of gnar on a 160mm enduro rig. Will consider any brand. Let me know what you got…

yuley95

Give or take another $400 and I have something :p
Haha - I get the feeling you have 3 or 4 options at that price.

I may have to up my budget at some stage but for now I’m hoping someone has something solid in the shed they would rather turn into cash

yuley95

Quick bump before I go trawling book face for a dodgy bargain.

I would love to get on something like ktens x2 but can’t make the budget stretch that far at the moment. That said, I can stretch to $400 for the right shock. cheers

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
@johnny might have the shock from the Pyga he replaced with Öhlins - not sure what size it is or if stroke can be altered though.

PJO

in me vL comy
Not sure if this is still available, was posted in Tas Bicycle market on FB.
You would have to take the shock apart and remove the spacer to get 65mm of stroke...

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Don't necessarily need to take it apart, just unscrew the aircan and use side cutters to snip the spacer (being careful not to nick the shaft)

yuley95

Not sure if this is still available, was posted in Tas Bicycle market on FB.
You would have to take the shock apart and remove the spacer to get 65mm of stroke...
Thanks mate. There are a few on Facebook that might do the trick. Would prefer to buy from someone on here but might have to take my chances with bookface.

PJO

in me vL comy
Thanks mate. There are a few on Facebook that might do the trick. Would prefer to buy from someone on here but might have to take my chances with bookface.
He still has it if you're interested. Happy to go have a look at it for you if you need a go-between...

yuley95

He still has it if you're interested. Happy to go have a look at it for you if you need a go-between...
Thanks mate. Looks good for the price.
I’ve just enquired with someone about a fox dpx2 for $250. I’ve got spare volume spacers for that shock. If that falls through I might follow up with the one you linked. Cheers

Reactions: PJO

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Quick bump before I go trawling book face for a dodgy bargain.

I would love to get on something like ktens x2 but can’t make the budget stretch that far at the moment. That said, I can stretch to $400 for the right shock. cheers
Closing that gap every week that passes ;)