VIC WTB: 26" MTB tires 2.25-2.4"

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Item: Looking for a good condition set of 26"x2.25 to 26"x2.4 tires for my gf's mtb
Price range/Willing to Pay: $20-60
Extra Info: Mostly local trail riding, she is running 2.1 right now and looking to go wider but she's not at the level of buying $150 worth of tires just yet

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I’ll have a hunt. Gave away heaps of used ones recently. Plenty of tread, past racing quality. Probably EXO minions if I have anything.
You running tubes or tubeless? If I had a small puncture that sealed up, I kept in a tube only pile at one stage....but never ever run tubes.
‘Cheap’ new ones on TBE, but still around $45 for EXO TR Maxxis.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
I might have an Ardent or two you can have for free. I'll check tomorrow (I might have given them to my sister in law). They are not TR either.

Labcanary

I have two Ardent tyres in 2.25 flavour.
Yours for free, the catch is - I'm in Ballarat.
My husband works in Broadmeadows though, if that makes it any easier to collect?

moorey

call me Mia
Ok, slim pickings, but solid option...
Swobble 2.4 Fat Albert trailstar front. Grippy, but not overkill.
Maxxis Minion SS TR 2.3 rear. Rolls well, bigger side knobs for cornering, but not the greatest on steep loose braking.
Both free. Reckon $15 max post or chuck in with @Labcanary 's pair if you want them.

Labcanary

I've got a bunch of 26" tyres that I was just going to give to my father in law for his farm bikes but if anybody wants any of them...
I'll check what's there later, it's cold and raining outside right now!

phillynight

Likes Dirt
Ok, slim pickings, but solid option...
Swobble 2.4 Fat Albert trailstar front. Grippy, but not overkill.
Maxxis Minion SS TR 2.3 rear. Rolls well, bigger side knobs for cornering, but not the greatest on steep loose braking.
Both free. Reckon $15 max post or chuck in with @Labcanary 's pair if you want them.
That would work too... let me see if I can organise a pickup from Labcanary first but if I can't this sounds like a big upgrade combo for her too

Labcanary

That would work too... let me see if I can organise a pickup from Labcanary first but if I can't this sounds like a big upgrade combo for her too

If @moorey is happy to drop off the tyres he is offering to my place, I can get B-ri to take all 4 to work with him.
Then you'll have a solid upgrade for GF and spares, like any good Rotorburner should!