Would you do this?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yes have done it in a pinch without negative consequences, but they were all the same colour.
What you are showing is truly heinous, shame shame! ;)
+1 will get you through until you can fix your crime.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Functionality is not bothered by this.

Are you really tall? Why so many spacers (that are also upside down)?

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Functionality is not bothered by this.

Are you really tall? Why so many spacers (that are also upside down)?
Nope, about 5/10. I'm going to take that silver spacer out to see how it feels, but I already feel like I have too much weight on my hands. Once I'm a bit more used to the seating position I'll make small adjustments (and turn the spacers up the right way, as well as cut the steerer down)

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Nope, about 5/10. I'm going to take that silver spacer out to see how it feels, but I already feel like I have too much weight on my hands. Once I'm a bit more used to the seating position I'll make small adjustments (and turn the spacers up the right way, as well as cut the steerer down)
Is your saddle tilted forward at all? This can put a heap of pressure on your hands if it is. Costs nothing angling the seat back a little and seeing if it makes a difference for you.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
That's alot of spacers especially with riser bars. Is the frame size right? Maybe longer a-to-c fork?

If all that's good then maybe bars with more rise so you can loose some spacers or maybe a stem with more angle.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@johnny, I do the same thing before committing to cutting the steerer down. I'm so paranoid about cutting it too much, new forks make it even more stressful.

You'll be fine, you won't burst into flames (usually). Most of us have a hodge-podge of spacers and will use what we have. Anything else I say just echoes what others have already said.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Wild times!!! You are the Iggy pop of bike mechanics. You weren't afraid of the gal something something corrosion? Balls out!
Carbonificalisation is the word you are looking for, apparently you wee on the parts to stop it happening, has always worked for me.