World cup team changes rumor thread

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
What a career. I reckon every race next season will just be a massive celebration for him, like a 6 month victory lap. Maybe he'll bring back the Stella D2!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Aneeke Beerten has parted ways with specialized (EWS I know) so they must be making way for somebody. Strange considering she is the highest on the podium rider the team has/d

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/lapierre-parts-ways-with-team-gravity-republic.html

So.... can anyone explain what this actually means? From what I can gather, the team is still together, Lapierre are just pulling out as the bike sponsor?
They are supporting enduro and................................E BIKE COMPETITION! Fucking hell, that's a sign of marketing black sheep if ever I've heard it but hey, these companies aren't in existence to make guys buy bikes to look cool. Go where the money goes I guess.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Looks like canyon will come through and take the team over then as rumors previously suggested
Or Norco lands the entire team and partners them with Blenkinsop in a push to expose their amazing Aurum even more. ;)

I've been out of the guessing loop of late but wondered if the news of what company is dressing Gwin next year has come out?

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Or Norco lands the entire team and partners them with Blenkinsop in a push to expose their amazing Aurum even more. ;)

I've been out of the guessing loop of late but wondered if the news of what company is dressing Gwin next year has come out?
Bruni announcement sounds imminent, depending who you talk to. The thing holding it back it may appear is the announcement of someone else moving, which would also seem nailed on,

But never know, things could change with one phone call.....

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Bruni announcement sounds imminent, depending who you talk to. The thing holding it back it may appear is the announcement of someone else moving, which would also seem nailed on,

But never know, things could change with one phone call.....

Hmmm, interesting! Lets speculate:
-Gwin moves on, Bruni to Specialized?
-Someone at the Syndicate moves on and Bruni gets on a V10?
-Maybe "Mr X" who I was shredding a bike park with in November on a bike with no branding whatsover is Bruni's new team mate and the bike he was on is the new team supply?

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Hmmm, interesting! Lets speculate:
-Gwin moves on, Bruni to Specialized?
-Someone at the Syndicate moves on and Bruni gets on a V10?
-Maybe "Mr X" who I was shredding a bike park with in November on a bike with no branding whatsover is Bruni's new team mate and the bike he was on is the new team supply?
Definitely nobody at Syndicate going for this season. Phone calls were made, there could have been a fourth, still could be.

The odd thing about Bruni is that he is still under contract with Pure Agency, so..........

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
funny how Remi Mortons little transfer from polygon to Lusty went unnoticed. I think he will do a lot better on that ride.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The odd thing about Bruni is that he is still under contract with Pure Agency, so..........
Oh yeah, you're right. If Pure Agency set up a new team altogether than that could be the big deal of the upcoming season. Imagine if he ended up in an E bike series and did no downhill! That'd be alarming.