Wonky rear mech?

Jpez

Down on the left!
If you can’t be bothered reading is this rear mech bent?
4DC3DB0A-C000-4C36-B0AF-89B871ADBB09.jpeg

Ive got an E13 cassette that Ive never been happy with. It keeps coming loose and causing shit gear changes.
Took it to the lbs and got them to ‘sort it out’.
Anyway get it back with a promise of it being “mint” and it’s better but still not perfect.
So having a fiddle I noticed that on the highest gear the jockey wheel doesn’t seem to be inline with the chain.
Looking at my other Sram Gx rear mech chain and jockey wheels all seem to align.
I know I’ve smacked it a few times so I’m now thinking I’ve bent something.
Here’s a photo. Red line is slightly egagerated but shows the line of the jockey wheel.

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you got it setup that itll change from the smallest to the next largest cog just on the shifter click, but the same doesn’t happen at the other end of the cassette (i.e second biggest to biggest)

Something is definitely bent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
That is exactly what is happening. I figured it was bent but sometimes you need someone else to confirm.
Going by the missing paint on it it’s been tagged more than a couple of times. Time for a new mech.

By the way the Reverb you re-built is still going strong. Maybe a touch stiff to lift at times but no signs of sagging or side to side so I’m a happy camper.

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That is exactly what is happening. I figured it was bent but sometimes you need someone else to confirm.
Going by the missing paint on it it’s been tagged more than a couple of times. Time for a new mech.

By the way the Reverb you built is still going strong. Maybe a touch stiff to lift at times but no signs of sagging or side to side so I’m a happy camper.
You’ll just have to stay ontop of the lever bleeding. Maybe run it a bit faster, that’ll help with any stiffness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
Most SRAM derailleurs I've encountered seem to be twisted to some extent. Even new ones....
Right. Well I thought I have nothing to lose so got the old multigrips out and gingerly pulled it into straight. Seems to be working better but still not 100%.