Wild Mersey, Tassie's next big MTB project

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Let me know when you are up on the Northwest coast and I'll see if I can get you a ride on Marcello's trail. I live at Latrobe so very close to the Warrawee, Wild Mersey Trails.
Hey Stredda, trying to convince the Coningham MTB Club to do a road trip up your way in late August/ early September so if you can add me to the Marcelo wish list that’d be awesome. Favourite liquid beverage supplied in thanks. Also what are the Warrawee trails like? Length of network, standard etc?

Last edited:

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Hey Strega, trying to convince the Coningham MTB Club to do a road trip up your way in late August/ early September so if you can add me to the Marcelo wish list that’d be awesome. Favourite liquid beverage supplied in thanks. Also what are the Warrawee trails like? Length of network, standard etc?
At this stage there is about 15km of trails at Warrawee and 16kmn in Railton and the Warrawee Link.
The Warrawee trails are laid out with one main climb from the trail head (Bee Line) and then there are several options of loops you can do. Mainly green and blue with one short black trail. If you search YouTube there are videos of each of the trails.
The Railton trails at this stage consist of a 5km loop (Teleport & Green Hornet) and the 9km Warrawee to Railton linking trail. Both green but good fun rides.

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
Let me know when you are up on the Northwest coast and I'll see if I can get you a ride on Marcello's trail. I live at Latrobe so very close to the Warrawee, Wild Mersey Trails.

is Marcello part of the build group there as well, i saw his name pop up in a thread somewhere about trail building

Stredda

binner

Hath shat hymself
Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
...just wondering and thinking maybe i could....
are there any locals night rides or has anyone done night rides at Derby...... I'm thinking of bringing down my lights to try a nite ride... I was thinking kingswall ride could be a cool run for nite.....

rstim

Likes Dirt
are there any locals night rides or has anyone done night rides at Derby...... I'm thinking of bringing down my lights to try a nite ride... I was thinking kingswall ride could be a cool run for nite.....
Thursday nights there is a group ride in Derby, I think it's organised by the owner of the Dorset hotel, I haven't managed to get there for one yet but a mate who owns Evolution bikes regularly goes.
Or if you can't find anyone else I would be keen to come for a night ride. Have wanted to for a while but it's not really something I want to do solo.

binner

Hath shat hymself
Thursday nights there is a group ride in Derby, I think it's organised by the owner of the Dorset hotel, I haven't managed to get there for one yet but a mate who owns Evolution bikes regularly goes.
Or if you can't find anyone else I would be keen to come for a night ride. Have wanted to for a while but it's not really something I want to do solo.
ohhh sweet.... that's cool... im def in for it

Stredda

I've thought of doing this several times but I'm always too cooked from all the daytime riding :p

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
At the end of a day riding the Mersey trails with @Stredda leading the way. Trails are riding beautifully, and it’s definitely worth checking them out. Really well designed climbing trails and some fun descents. The Railton express is not just a flat connector, it has plenty of pedalling and features. Green Hornet in Railton was a perfect fun way to finish off with Seven Sheds Brewery just down the road for post ride pints. Give the Railton hotel a call if you fancy a pub lunch as they are very accommodating and Belly’s Bar and Grill is a winner in Latrobe for dinner.

Stredda

At the end of a day riding the Mersey trails with @Stredda leading the way. Trails are riding beautifully, and it’s definitely worth checking them out. Really well designed climbing trails and some fun descents. The Railton express is not just a flat connector, it has plenty of pedalling and features. Green Hornet in Railton was a perfect fun way to finish off with Seven Sheds Brewery just down the road for post ride pints. Give the Railton hotel a call if you fancy a pub lunch as they are very accommodating and Belly’s Bar and Grill is a winner in Latrobe for dinner.

Was a great day riding with you guys.
The few who rode all the way back to Warrawee would have been feeling it the next day I bet. 53km and 1000m of climbing :eek:
Bellies is one of the best places to eat around the area :p
Would have loved to have joined you guys at Marcelo's and the lap of the Monty Loop but I had a few things on that Sunday, including our clubs AGM.
I'm president again!o_O

Attachments

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Yeah, I was one of the returnee riders. The last four km back from the Warrawee into a headwind on the road was done at about half rat power! Marcelo's, oh my, what a place and the Monty Loop was excellent. Just more trail awesomeness in Tassie!

moorey

call me Mia
Had an hour or so spare on the way back from Maydena to the ferry, so we stopped for a peek. Felix and @wozza riding up shale trail to try out ‘no Mersey’.
Will report back soon.