Wiggle and CRC

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did my first crc order in a year 2 weeks ago. Arrived in 5 days and $170 free shipping. Almost like the old days

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
If you call a plumber out and it's $300 with an invoice.

He says he'll do it for $150 cash ?

Where would your moral compass point then ?
That's not the same, you're not disadvantaging another business in your scenario.

I'd rather get an invoice if something goes wrong and I need a warranty or even any legal recourse.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That's not the same, you're not disadvantaging another business in your scenario.
One of those businesses (Pushys) was probably doing alright as it was, now its expanded and taken advantage of Geo-blocking, GST and the loss of competition.
Look at us buying stuff from AliExpress... I would be very surprised if any of the added GST ever gets transferred to Australia, I reckon a lot of businesses are going through the motions of collecting GST but giving themselves an additional 10% profit.

Its human nature to seek out good deals and in the current climate of relations between China and Australia, my moral compass tells me I shouldn't be buying cheap Chi gear... but I still do. Thats about as much loyalty as I show Pushys or MTBD selling a tyre for $89 when I can buy the same with GST from Ze Germans for $50.
I still put a bit of cash Pushys way but I have no loyalty to them at all. Out of interest I looked at my orders since 1st Jan, here's the last 10 out of 12 (one cancelled).

I'd rather get an invoice if something goes wrong and I need a warranty or even any legal recourse.
Id rather take the chance and pay half the price.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
One of those businesses (Pushys) was probably doing alright as it was, now its expanded and taken advantage of Geo-blocking, GST and the loss of competition.
Look at us buying stuff from AliExpress... I would be very surprised if any of the added GST ever gets transferred to Australia, I reckon a lot of businesses are going through the motions of collecting GST but giving themselves an additional 10% profit.

Its human nature to seek out good deals and in the current climate of relations between China and Australia, my moral compass tells me I shouldn't be buying cheap Chi gear... but I still do. Thats about as much loyalty as I show Pushys or MTBD selling a tyre for $89 when I can buy the same with GST from Ze Germans for $50.
I still put a bit of cash Pushys way but I have no loyalty to them at all. Out of interest I looked at my orders since 1st Jan, here's the last 10 out of 12 (one cancelled).

View attachment 380597

Id rather take the chance and pay half the price.
Thanks for posting. I am going to show this my wife to demonstrate that my purchase aren't really all that outrageous.

Minlak

custom titis
Well fuck it! I can't find the thread for slagging off Australia Post or the one for slagging of crc...this one will do.

I recently made a purchase from pushy's (6/9). The day after I made 2 purchases for bulky items from CRC. The CRC parcels arrived yesterday...while there is no word on the pushy's order. In the mean time a friend has made a bunch of orders for snow gear and received it all in 4 work days.
Back on to the off topic topic - I ordered items from Australia Store Tuesday 14th Sept and an Item from UK Ebay Store 14th Sept - As store showed up yesterday - UK store showed up today :)

ozzybmx

We're not turning this in to the bad advice thread.

I am a licensed Sparky and have a few good mates that are licensed Plumbers and Fridgies. This is not licensed work we are talking about.

Also not about voiding insurance by using shonky tradies.

The 'cash' work would be a tree lopper, stump muncher, skip delivery ect...

My old Plumber who used to do the drains at my last house was only there as it was cheaper to pay him $100 than for me to buy a $1200 drain snake and do it myself.

Everything else apart from special machinery jobs or supplying a skip, I do absolutely every job in my house and houses I have renovated.

All Legal.

Billys good advice thread :p

ozzybmx

Thanks for posting. I am going to show this my wife to demonstrate that my purchase aren't really all that outrageous.
Just remember I built 2 bikes this year... and the $1000 was a smart trainer. In hindsight its probably more than usual for Pushys.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
What? You're disadvantaging every business who does the right thing and pays their taxes.
The only difference is that overseas retail GST was considered by the Govt in the past to be too difficult/costly to administer, while cash jobs by tradies have always been regarded as out and out tax fraud.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just remember I built 2 bikes this year... and the $1000 was a smart trainer. In hindsight its probably more than usual for Pushys.
I built a bike as well. I seem to remember from some of your posts you have a few riders to support as I have only 2. But your graphic does make one realize how much we pour into our "hobby".

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
What? You're disadvantaging every business who does the right thing and pays their taxes.
The only difference is that overseas retail GST was considered by the Govt in the past to be too difficult/costly to administer, while cash jobs by tradies have always been regarded as out and out tax fraud.
True, for some reason I read the scenario as work already done rather than at the quote stage!

But I stand by my point regarding warranty or any legal recourse.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
By not charging GST too?
Fuck them and fuck this sort of stood justification and fuck people who think like that. They are a foreign company and are not subject to our tax laws. For decades we have been fed the lies about free trade and when I it finally starts to benefit the customer we got kicked in the balls.

Pushy's and their friends at MTB direct are useless. Their prices and service are bullshit and to top it of both regularly engage in advertising that comes very close breaching the law. If they (and cunts like Harvey) can't compete, they can lay to waste by the road side.