Why I don't ride road anymore

cammas

Seamstress
Plus it looks like they have had to shutdown their Facebook page as I went looking for comments, as people will do, and just got this.
1FE5038B-DDCD-4F4C-A5A9-5A00DFE6CC21.jpeg

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So I figured this is the spot to put this.
After talking to the wife earlier this month about riding/ accidents etc and how I have been riding for the last 30 years without a serious accident with a car. This led to early Xmas presents...
I now have front and rear cameras on the bike, (Cycliq Sport 12 and Varia RLT715). The wife's comment was "Well if you are hit and killed, at least there will be some evidence to prosecute someone".
The RLT715 has been good so far with the radar paired to the Garmin for the car's approaching from the rear.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
So I figured this is the spot to put this.
After talking to the wife earlier this month about riding/ accidents etc and how I have been riding for the last 30 years without a serious accident with a car. This led to early Xmas presents...
I now have front and rear cameras on the bike, (Cycliq Sport 12 and Varia RLT715). The wife's comment was "Well if you are hit and killed, at least there will be some evidence to prosecute someone".
The RLT715 has been good so far with the radar paired to the Garmin for the car's approaching from the rear.
The Garmin thing works quite well based on my 66 year old riding buddies experience but he's still somewhat terrifying to ride with....

Basically, he's deaf and he can't move his neck independently of his shoulders so if he tries to look behind him he'll disappear into the roadside shrubbery. Therefore, radar...

Sadly, he can still out ride me on the road...

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The Garmin thing works quite well based on my 66 year old riding buddies experience but he's still somewhat terrifying to ride with....

Basically, he's deaf and he can't move his neck independently of his shoulders so if he tries to look behind him he'll disappear into the roadside shrubbery. Therefore, radar...

Sadly, he can still out ride me on the road...
your mate needs one of those small rear view mirrors that clip onto the handlebars or one that clips to the side of a helmet.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
your mate needs one of those small rear view mirrors that clip onto the handlebars or one that clips to the side of a helmet.
I once thought that too but, having known him for a bit now, the constant distraction in the corner of his vision could be worse than the ignorance of what's behind him!!