Why I don't ride road anymore

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Never had West End of Emu Export. Tried NT Draught once, putrid.

Coopers is about as basic as I get these days, been getting back into the reds this week, some time into my beer wanker journey I tried it again and found it's a bit like a Belgian golden strong, rather enjoyed the longy I had last night.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
Never had West End of Emu Export. Tried NT Draught once, putrid.

Coopers is about as basic as I get these days, been getting back into the reds this week, some time into my beer wanker journey I tried it again and found it's a bit like a Belgian golden strong, rather enjoyed the longy I had last night.
the reds are classic and under rated. Strong too. Have a story from when i was 18 involving them.

Came home after a hospo shift, and my non hospo house mates were already pretty wasted, but they'd left me a sixer of the reds. SO being 18 and keen to get loose quickly, I played "catch up" by sculling the sixer in the space of a couple minutes, punched a cone. then fade to black..

Then i woke up to all this yelling "what are you doing!?". I gained some consciousness enough to take in the surroundings. I was standing on the bed, pissing on my GF who had been a sleep. As i regained some consciousness, I stopped my stream enough to answer her question "I'm doing it for a reason" (what that reason was I have NFI lol) and proceeded to finish emptying the sixer of beer on her and the bed.

It didn't help my other house mates down the hall were still awake wasted having a good old laugh at something unrelated. My GF thought they had put me up to it. She was in there flinging wet piss clothes at them and yelling. Everything and everyone was covered in my piss. Fun night overall. lol

Long story short. we still dated for about a year after that, no hard feelings. Funny story and all. I did have to buy her a new mattress and bedding etc.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
O _ o

Coopers Red was my go to weapon of choice during my 20s. JFC you'd get fucked up on it though. If the Greens (Pale) was the fat slow friend you got bloaty cruisey drunk with, Sparkling was the life of the party who was always great fun until without warning he'd smash you in the face.

I never learnt. The hangovers were something else though, and ultimately killed the love.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
"Legal Aid lawyer Jakub Lodziak, representing Alabaster, argued that the cyclist’s claim that his client had a knife should be “seriously doubted”, and that at times, the four-wheel-drive was far from the cyclist.
Lodziak then argued Alabaster’s alleged actions were mostly not directed at the cyclist."

These bloody lawyers man. Quite impressive the stuff they'll say in court just to try to get their client off the hook..

gippyz

Likes Dirt
I must admit, this is the worst I have seen thus far, and also one of the reasons why I stopped road riding (and why I hate driving). I value my life, and I would rather hit a tree or go otb than be hit by some raging idiots on the road.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
"Legal Aid lawyer Jakub Lodziak, representing Alabaster, argued that the cyclist’s claim that his client had a knife should be “seriously doubted”, and that at times, the four-wheel-drive was far from the cyclist.
Lodziak then argued Alabaster’s alleged actions were mostly not directed at the cyclist."

These bloody lawyers man. Quite impressive the stuff they'll say in court just to try to get their client off the hook..
my "favourite" bit is
Lodziak said Alabaster was only a risk to the community when intoxicated or mentally unwell.
I get the vibe that essentially means alabaster is intoxicated and/or mentally unwell 24/7 :rolleyes:

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Coopers Red was my go to weapon of choice during my 20s. JFC you'd get fucked up on it though. If the Greens (Pale) was the fat slow friend you got bloaty cruisey drunk with, Sparkling was the life of the party who was always great fun until without warning he'd smash you in the face.
That's all I drink apart from Craftys.

Coopers Pale and Sparkles.

If the 370ml bottles didn't do enough damage, grab a carton of these.
I still regret getting on the sparkling about once a month :D

images.jpeg

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
That's all I drink apart from Craftys.

Coopers Pale and Sparkles.

If the 370ml bottles didn't do enough damage, grab a carton of these.

View attachment 392507
I'll be in Adelaide next week for my birthday and will no doubt be nudging a couple for nostalgia purposes.

Probably need to hit up the Austral to see if they've still got Aged Sparkling on tap....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
the reds are classic and under rated. Strong too. Have a story from when i was 18 involving them.

Came home after a hospo shift, and my non hospo house mates were already pretty wasted, but they'd left me a sixer of the reds. SO being 18 and keen to get loose quickly, I played "catch up" by sculling the sixer in the space of a couple minutes, punched a cone. then fade to black..

Then i woke up to all this yelling "what are you doing!?". I gained some consciousness enough to take in the surroundings. I was standing on the bed, pissing on my GF who had been a sleep. As i regained some consciousness, I stopped my stream enough to answer her question "I'm doing it for a reason" (what that reason was I have NFI lol) and proceeded to finish emptying the sixer of beer on her and the bed.

It didn't help my other house mates down the hall were still awake wasted having a good old laugh at something unrelated. My GF thought they had put me up to it. She was in there flinging wet piss clothes at them and yelling. Everything and everyone was covered in my piss. Fun night overall. lol

Long story short. we still dated for about a year after that, no hard feelings. Funny story and all. I did have to buy her a new mattress and bedding etc.
That's a pisser of a story!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
3 longies for $23 at the local for the sparkles. 2 left in the friidge, mates bringing crafties after work, and some edibles, should be a good night spinning tunes on the decks :)

Funny story and all. I did have to buy her a new mattress and bedding etc.
I've only pissed inside once. The weapon of no choice that night was my father in law's VB's. I thought the bar at the house we were staying in was a urinal. The in-laws were asleep upstairs and the Mrs made me clean it up, which wasn't easy in that state. Needless to say I don't tell this "funny" story very often.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Never really improved his life then, moved to Waterloo Corner into the same neighbourhood... maybe even worse. The shittiest suburb in Adelaide, Lizbeff :oops:
Inala was a hardcore place back in those days, it was the birthplace of the Black Ulans. Heaps of crims were released in area because the govt had prison rehabilitation homes there. They used to trial the really bad crimes in Brisbane courts back then, paedos and hardcore crims would be rounded up from the whole of Qld then sentenced to jail in the next suburb, then released in the housos area to reap havoc because they couldn't go back home after being jailed. So you had crims that nobody knew blending in with disadvantaged families.

ausdb

Being who he is
POISON ALERT, you'll drop dead if you drink more than one. :p
That's BS I have a mate who is living proof bush chooks can't kill you. To be honest if you can get the first one down, the followers taste better. Also there is an inverse relationship between the ambient temperature and beer temperature, the greater the difference the better they seem too taste.

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
West End is beer?
Some people believe it's beer.
Was in Adelaide with a client, and one of my former work colleagues I hadn't seen for ages lives in Adelaide. Work colleague always used to rave about West End beer.
Went for after work drinks with the client, mentioned that my work colleague reckoned West End was better than alright. Client graciously insisted on buying the first round, which was, of course, West End based on the recommendation.
Cue awkward silence as each of us took a couple of sips of beer, both somewhat reluctant to make comment. My (understated) spoken perspective of 'that's not real good' was appropriately trumped by my client rightly stating 'That's fucking terrible'.

Was beaten only by actually meeting up with former work colleague the next evening, who dutifully insisted on buying West Ends on his shout. I ended up extracting myself from the shout just so I didn't have to drink any more of it.