Why do you like riding MTB?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Similar to a lot of other people in this thread, I like riding because it lets me clear my head and I find it therapeutic. Something about spinning pedals through the bush and flowing down trails is a lot like meditation. Riding is also the ultimate freedom for me: you can ride anywhere you like, the only thing holding you back with riding is yourself, so it sort of forces you to confront yourself and answer to yourself about things like perseverance, character, etc, in situations that we don't get to test ourselves out in in everyday life.

I enjoy riding the roadie as well, but that's more for fitness and the thrill of going fast and moving myself over big distances just using my own power. I get the same therapeutic benefits whatever I'm riding, but MTBing seems to be the best at delivering good times.

I can be a fairly social person and enjoy small group rides with mates, but I mostly like to ride alone and just see how far I can get by myself.

enuenu

Squid
Used to surf a lot but it has become a circus in the water. Too many people, too much attitude. It's not fun very often anymore. MTB allows me to do my thing without dealing with dickheads.