Who's your favourite funnyman/woman or comedian?

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
wombat said:
Ah see, you're not familiar with my hatred for headlocks. I figure that beating Rove to death would be some sort of dishonour (kinda like the way mashing dog shit is), so this way, I can attack both Rove and headlocks at the same time!
still not really sure what you're on about, but either way rove should suffer...

keepin it real

Likes Dirt
does cartoons count (south park..yeh!) yeah south park just rocks, they're funny as, especially when the send up and make fun of all the other proper comedians!

timmo

Likes Dirt
TeamShore03 said:
BILL HICKS < The comedian who knew what to talk about!
Yep, gotta agree with that - pity he's dead now :( , I woulda loved to see him live.
He just had a knack of taking very REAL and serious issues and making them comic somehow, but you could tell (and BOY could you tell) that he meant every word of his derogatory comments.
I heartily recommend to anyone the video (and I guess DVD by now) "Totally Bill Hicks". It contains tributes to Bill from other famous comedians, as well as a full live show from London including his infamous "just a ride" segment. It's worth it just for that 5 minutes!!

Also, on CD "Rant in E minor" is a good sample of his stuff.

e.g. Hicks on Kennedy and religion:
'I love talking about the Warren Commission, I love talking about the Kennedy assasination as well.'...' People say, "Bill, quit talking about Kennedy man. It was a long time ago, just let it go, alright? It's a long time ago, just forget it." I'm like, alright, then don't bring up Jesus to me. As long as we're talking shelf life here, you know.'

Anyway, other favourite comedians are
Ross Noble, just cos he rambles way out there and takes you with him and
Greg Fleet, who provided one of my funniest radio moments ever on JJJ with his "talk faster than you can think game". I was pissing myself.

timmo

Likes Dirt
I had to add this Hicks quote as well - relates to Bush Sr, but if he was here today it'd be twice as accurate for Junior

"People often ask me where I stand politically. It's not that I disagree with Bush's economic policy or his foreign policy, it's that I believe...he was a child of Satan here to destroy the planet Earth. Little to the left."

Maybe that makes Jr the grandchild of Satan? :D

alister

Likes Dirt
Ross Noble is a bloody legend, i love the glass house and spicks n specks.
But ross noble is so random and he just goes off on a tangent all the time. read somewhere he is actually dislexic.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
timmo said:
'I love talking about the Warren Commission, I love talking about the Kennedy assasination as well.'...' People say, "Bill, quit talking about Kennedy man. It was a long time ago, just let it go, alright? It's a long time ago, just forget it." I'm like, alright, then don't bring up Jesus to me. As long as we're talking shelf life here, you know.'
hahaha - yeah, thats classic, he is political/religeous satire at its best...

RIP Bill Hicks

frosteee01

Likes Bikes
yeah ross noble is very funny man, saw him last night as part of his noodlemiester tour. i have never laughed so much....

blt2ride

Likes Dirt
I'm not sure if these guys have made their way down under, but in the States the Blue Collar Comedy crew is so funny. I like Larry the Cable Guy...he makes me laugh for hours...

W2ttsy

Likes Dirt
i must say, jerry seinfeld makes my day...

some of his stuff is just great...

"whats the deal with people putting jackets over their heads when they are getting arrested? its not like they will be getting the next promotion at work...
the boss is watching the news, and he sees the murder story. 'isnt that bill from marketing? i dont think hes the kinda guy we want to be heading up the new marketting team '" < loosely quoted from memory

another one

"so cancer, whats up with that?"

guy in the crowd "i have cancer!"

kramer (also in the crowd) "oooh, tough crowd"

the soup nazi episode, the revenge episode, kenny roasters and a few others were just perfect... couldnt have done it better. good jewish humour

W2ttsy

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
W2ttsy said:
i must say, jerry seinfeld makes my day...

the soup nazi episode, the revenge episode, kenny roasters and a few others were just perfect... couldnt have done it better. good jewish humour
The soup nazi episode is absolute gold

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
GRAVE DIGGING.:D

I searched for this sort of thread for ages.
Unfortunately most of the words expousing Bill Hicks virtues have alredy been said. The amount of times I have heard him sampled or blatently ripped off (yes you Dennis Leary) is amazing. Tool sampled "Here's tom with the weather" a classic.
No mention of Richard Pryor, his stand up was awesome, well most of it was, except when he was so doped up he was unintellegible.

Maybe we should diversify and mention funniest movie moments. My all time would probably be the scene from boondock saints where theyre sitting around the table drinking and they accidently shoot the cat. I like cats but that was awesome.

Any further comments?

Ben-e

Captain Critter!
Benny Hill - pretty old skool UK comedy, but i reckon he is one of the funniest blokes who ever lived. Shovenistic, daring and totally politically incorrect for its time. Classic.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Oh Yeah,

Benny Hill was awesome.

Billy Connolly is good too - got tickets to his show in march 06

Kevin Bloody Wilson is another one who never fails to crack me up.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Billy Connolly, Dave Hughs and Carl Barron.
Then theres one us guy thats been on the glass house heaps who's good.
Oh also, the guy on the last oxfam comedy festival who did the thing with the box, classic.

S.P.G.

Likes Dirt
ripper323 said:
Me. I think Eddie Murphy is the funniest. Just take a peek at Raw i think it is. I got some ice cream, you got no ice cream, you're on the welfare, you can't afford it! Classic stand up!!
thats from delirious :D

i was waiting for someone to mention him... i was scrolling down going.. uh wtf... WHY HAS HE NOT BEEN MENTIONED!!! also i love dave chapplle...

"im rick james bitch"

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Pretty Mistake said:
thats from delirious :D

i was waiting for someone to mention him... i was scrolling down going.. uh wtf... WHY HAS HE NOT BEEN MENTIONED!!! also i love dave chapplle...

"im rick james bitch"
Ha, delirious, i love that show. that and raw, sooo good, when eddie murphy was a funny mofo.

Then ofcourse dave chapple, rick james was a good sketch but i recon the "day in the life of lil john" was awesome

WHAAAAAAAAT?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Love the likes of Ross Noble, Bill Hicks Billy Connelly - Was going to go see him in Melbourne in January but the dates are all sold out. Having said, 120 Bucks a ticket! No wonder he lives in a fucking castle!

Also can't go past Eddie Izzard, Bill Bailey, Roy 'Chubby' Brown (crass, offensive but strangely nostalgic..) Peter Kay.

For those of you still lamenting the loss of Bill Hicks, Check out Brendon Burns.

Very Political and Very sick!