Who's your favourite funnyman/woman or comedian?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Who's your favourite funnyman/woman or comedian? There are so many out there these days, just wondering who are the funniest in other people's eyes. Post some funny lines said by your favourites.

Some of my favourites would be:
Will Ferrell (new movie "kicking and screaming" coming out soon)
Carl Barron (funniest guy ever - got his dvd)
Dave Hughes

Classic Lines:

"Hey, you just got served the plate of humiliation. How does that feel?" - Will Ferrell

"Sometimes you're talking, and a little bit of spit flies out, floats over, lands on em. You both see it happen, and you're thinking whoops i got him, he's thinking whoops he got me, but noone says anything. cause it's a secret". - Carl Barron

Seen those people that point at clocks on the wall, and go 'Is that the time?' 'Nah mate it's a hamburger, take a bite.' - Carl Barron

Two things happen to me every winter; people swear at me more and they mistake me for a thermometer. At least one bloke walks up and goes 'Get f**ked, how cold is it?' - Carl Barron

'carl you're a dickhead, what are you?' '..a dick..head' 'don't be a smartarse' 'i'm not, i'm a dickhead' - Carl Barron

big_pete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I don't know there names but on American Pie the wedding, while at the wedding the stiffler has sex with a granny on mistake..While the two about to be married couples are walking down the ile, the guy that is in love with stifflers mum says "your a granny fucker" and stiffler replys back with "your a mother fucker" and the guy that called him a granny fucker said yes yes i am and stiffler is like grr
haha I love all the American Pie series

Gonzo

Likes Dirt
Ross Noble is a champ. He was on triple J over summer and ti was the best show on the air.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Robin Williams
Bill Cosby

on lance armstrong - "he is faster, he must be on something... it's chemotherapy you assholes!"

"i feel sorry for the poor canadian snowboarded who got busted for smoking pot, which is kinda redundant anyway..."

"ok, if you smoke alot of pot you may never be a rocket scientist"

"I COULD TURN THIS PLACE INTO CHICKEN TIKKA!"

all robin williams...

ridemotocross

Likes Dirt
carl barron is hi larious, so is dave hughes.

but come onn everyone, McBain is the funniest.

"injured wildlife, call this number, hello i'm a possum, yeah just got hit by a truck, flat and black what do ya think, yeah i'll wait here" - carl barron

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"cant you bloody cut bread straight?" "nup, but atleast i dont shit my pants" - carl barron

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I cant remember who it was, but they were on triple J a while ago. Something along the lines of how David Bowie was there hero and them getting to meet him, and beating people with dead corpses of other people. one line i remember is "this was back in the days when 20 bucks would buy you a pie, with sauce, a drink of juice, half a bag of mixed lollies and a weatherboard house in Salsibury" i found that exceptionally funny :)
Can anyone remember who it was?

Also a bit of a Wil Anderson fan, and i love Paul Mcdermott (does anyone remember good news week?), oh and who can go past Russel Coight and Kel (cant remember his name off the top of my head), but the way he moves his body and his expressions are just priceless......

danv

Likes Dirt
Rexy said:
I cant remember who it was, but they were on triple J a while ago. Something along the lines of how David Bowie was there hero and them getting to meet him, and beating people with dead corpses of other people. one line i remember is "this was back in the days when 20 bucks would buy you a pie, with sauce, a drink of juice, half a bag of mixed lollies and a weatherboard house in Salsibury" i found that exceptionally funny :)
Can anyone remember who it was?

Also a bit of a Wil Anderson fan, and i love Paul Mcdermott (does anyone remember good news week?), oh and who can go past Russel Coight and Kel (cant remember his name off the top of my head), but the way he moves his body and his expressions are just priceless......
The person you are talking about is Justin Hamilton.

A number of funny comedians have been doing the rounds on the Glasshouse, Spicks and Specks, where ever else comedians hang out when they're in town for the Melbourne International Comedy Fest. Rich Hall, Arj Barker, some black american dude that was on the Glasshouse that was funny as and swore alot, and some white american dude that was on the week before who was also funny as and swore alot.

Favourites include Akmal Saleh, Hughesy (when he's good he's really good, but he can get boring and crap sometimes), Ross Noble (same thing with Hughesy applies to him, but fuckdamn he can funny at times, absolutely made for live TV and radio), and special mention to Nick Sun, who I have only seen once on ABC's standup, but fuck he was funny, I highly reccomend you see him. You can catch him on the Comedy Kitchen but I think this program is updated tomorow. Ooh ooh, and Eagle and Evans, fridays, 10pm ABC. MOST ORIGINAL COMEDY EVER! And fucken hilarious!

Dane

Likes Dirt
TeamShore03 said:
BILL HICKS < The comedian who knew what to talk about!

:( poor Bill.
i've got some tracks of his in my car at the moment. Fantastic! Although i think we'd be banned if we quoted him.

RCOH

Eats Squid
One time (at band camp) when Ross Noble was JJJ I had to pull over cause I was laughing so hard. He is the funniest bastard around.

I also like Arj Barker, Bill Hicks, Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock & a couple of years ago there was this gay comedian on ROVE who was so crass & anti-christian, but at the same time hilarious. Can't remember his name though, but ROVE stopped his bit early & the station got a couple hundred complaints.

wombat

Lives in a hole
RCOH said:
One time (at band camp) when Ross Noble was JJJ I had to pull over cause I was laughing so hard. He is the funniest bastard around.
I'm often not a fan of the rehearsed stand up routines, but I love to see a truly funny person just do their thing live; Ross Noble does it as well as anyone else I've seen.

Along with Hicks, Robin Willams is another one that I rate incredibly highly, that guy must just be full of funny bones; the "Live on Broardway" show was one of the funniest things I've seen.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Fav stand up is Billy Connolly, closely follwed by Robin Williams

Fav situational comedian is John Cleese

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
TeamShore03 said:
BILL HICKS < The comedian who knew what to talk about!

:( poor Bill.

Hell yeah! If only he were around now, what would he be saying about Bush Jnr?
Ed Byrne, Billy Connelly, the guy with a bald head and big ears...aussie fella don't know his name...plus many more

ripper323

Likes Dirt
Me. I think Eddie Murphy is the funniest. Just take a peek at Raw i think it is. I got some ice cream, you got no ice cream, you're on the welfare, you can't afford it! Classic stand up!!

MikeT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
eddie murphy delirious was so good

And then a big brown shark came out from the cage.

Also will anderson

" i wonder if crazy johns is actaully crazy, if i went into the shop would he be sitting there throwing his own poo and people? "oh shit lets get out of here this guys crazy, im going to tony terrets his prices are fuck fuck fucken great!!"

Last edited: