Who wants a job?

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
WHO WANTS A JOB? | 1 February 2012

Here at GripSport we are getting well and truly hammered with work and we’ve decided we need to hire someone new to join our small team immediately.

The person we’re looking for may or may not have formal qualifications in the engineering field, but at the very least they will need
* “Workshop” experience in a welding/fabricating/engineering environment.
* Welding experience (MIG at least and preferably TIG as well)
* The desire to work in a small team environment where quality is everything.
* Good communication skills.

We’re prepared to consider a number of different options including new apprentice, 2nd year apprentice, qualified tradesperson, non-qualified but trade experienced person.

This is a full-time position with IMMEDIATE START for the right person.

Initial phone enquiries are welcome. Call Jon Weaving on 94662553

POSITION IS FILLED

[h=3]Thanks… to everyone who applied for the job here at Grip HQ. We had a huge amount of interest in this position and ended up interviewing far more people than we expected to. Which put us in the almost embarrassing position of being able to pick and choose from a great pool of highly desirable applicants. You should have all received an individual response and “thank-you” by now, but we wanted folks to know what a tough final decision it was. In fact we ended up with five people we wanted to employ… but of course we only had the one job on offer. We were really pleased that we were able to arrange a job for one guy (John) with an engineering firm right over the road from us (and we still may end up stealing you back, John), but in the end our particular vacancy went to Brian Cooper who was thrown into the deep end of our pool yesterday morning and hasn’t had time to come up for air since. Yeah… welcome to the salt-mine, Brian![/h]

Last edited:

Petero

Likes Dirt
Just out of interest more than anything, what type of duties would be in the JD?

For example, I'm a degree qualified mech eng, most of my work has revolved around assessments, design and writing reports.
Think noise, vibration, gas pipelines and gas equipment. Haha

Grip

Just out of interest more than anything, what type of duties would be in the JD?
8am... coffee for the boss
9am... yoga in the gardens
10am... coffee for the boss
10.15... listen to the boss's jokes... and laugh.
11.30... shower and make sure you're clean for the masseur when she arrives.
12.30... record a talking book for the local orphanage
1.15.... nick down to the local for a few bottles of "red".
1.30... run the "paint a fairy" workshop
2.25... visit the local brothel and come up with a design for their bike racks.
3.... knock off early... it's been a hard day.

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
Any bike riding involved?

I remember volunteering for interesting positions like these to get a welding ticket. Would you consider a mech hobbyist? I got an engineering degree but remotely related to mechanics. Just general knowledge andsome rules of thumb type know how.

Where at?

Gripo

Eats Squid
So no welding......I reckon I could handle that job.....hehehhee (thanks for the laugh)

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
What sort of coffee?
I mean, I can`t just work at a place that dosen`t have decent coffee.
Do you have your own roasting facility? What sort of espresso machine do you have?
Is there a Barista on duty or do I have to make it myself?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
you need help Grip

Yep... working for us is like working for Google. Now excuse me but I'm late for my manicure.
Look Grip this all sounds too good to be true buddy. What about the job description, key performance indicators, service level agreements, efficiency results, utilisation / productivity Vs sales, MIFOT and DIFOT charts, allocation - setting expectations and following up and resource requirements plans for forcasting- manufactering/costs/profit. Also what training and performance planning are you proposing for individuals. It is all sound ing like a dream. Like all your morning tea breaks include happy endings and knocking off is taking the top of a beer. No wonder you need some help - no one is doing any bloody work around there. Would you like me to come around and discuss a few management methodology options for you.
JD

Grip

Look Grip this all sounds too good to be true buddy. What about the job description, key performance indicators, service level agreements, efficiency results, utilisation / productivity Vs sales, MIFOT and DIFOT charts, allocation - setting expectations and following up and resource requirements plans for forcasting- manufactering/costs/profit. Also what training and performance planning are you proposing for individuals.
Say what now?

Listen... all jokes aside this IS a real job offer here

SuperSix

Likes Dirt
You're welcome to ride to work :welcoming:... and we're in Melbourne (Northern Suburbs)

By the time I get to Melbourne on a my street commuter, there won't be enough of me even to say hello.

:mmph: why are all the good jobs so bloody far away from me?

Petero

Likes Dirt
Hmm, not sure about the bottles of "red", I'm really more of a "white" fan.

Grip

POSITION IS FILLED

[h=3]Thanks… to everyone who applied for the job here at Grip HQ. We had a huge amount of interest in this position and ended up interviewing far more people than we expected to. Which put us in the almost embarrassing position of being able to pick and choose from a great pool of highly desirable applicants. You should have all received an individual response and “thank-you” by now, but we wanted folks to know what a tough final decision it was. In fact we ended up with five people we wanted to employ… but of course we only had the one job on offer. We were really pleased that we were able to arrange a job for one guy (John) with an engineering firm right over the road from us (and we still may end up stealing you back, John), but in the end our particular vacancy went to Brian Cooper who was thrown into the deep end of our pool yesterday morning and hasn’t had time to come up for air since. Yeah… welcome to the salt-mine, Brian![/h]