Whisky!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Nah right to left...warm up on a few shots, then dig in and settle back on the lagavulin.
...when you're palate has been destroyed by the cheap stuff. Don't get me wrong Ballantines is good mass market stuff and their older blends and single malts are excellent, but the Lagavulin is the star of that show.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Long time whiskey drinker. Have been pleasantly and warmly surprised by Christy's Cut from the Timboon distillery. Still proving to be my favourite of all the aussie contenders. Easier to drink than the 18yr old Aberlour of similar strength too. Partner seems to be very fond of the no.46 from makers mark for some reason.

The starward bottles we've been given have both gone done the drain..

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I hope you went left to right.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
2, 3, 1 then back to 2...4 remained unopened

I liked the Balvenie most tbh, the Lagavulin was nice while standing around the bonfire but they were both miles nicer than the SC.

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I can barely find the Lagavulin 16 at the moment, seems in short supply
haha. couple years back it was up to 400 bucks a bottle because of supply. It was absurd. Same thing with yamazaki 12. When you see it at the regular price, always worth picking up a case or a half case just because you know there will be money to be made.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Bought a bottle of Ardbeg 10 tonight, really nice, in more supply than the Lagavulin 16 to which I am acustomed
Ardbeg 10 is one for the best IMHO. I have their Uigeadail that I have only cracked open recently.

I will join you with a dram tonight as it seems like a good enough reason.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Ardbeg 10 is high on my list of favourites. But if you want to smack your tastebuds around, try their "Wee Beastie". Aged only five years, it's unashamedly young and aggressive. The peat smokiness is huge, and being such an unmatured brew, it lacks the subtlety of others, however at the heart is still a good spirit. It's bloody yum in its rugged, unrefined way.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Ardbeg 10 is high on my list of favourites. But if you want to smack your tastebuds around, try their "Wee Beastie". Aged only five years, it's unashamedly young and aggressive. The peat smokiness is huge, and being such an unmatured brew, it lacks the subtlety of others, however at the heart is still a good spirit. It's bloody yum in its rugged, unrefined way.
I will give it a try, thanks

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
My first foray into local whisky, got me a Starward (Melbourne distillery) ginger beer cask-aged whisky. It's good, but not really worthy of its $150/bottle tag. Moderately smoky, and a noticeable but not overpowering spicy zing from the ginger are good notes, but otherwise it's a bit rough around the edges. I like it, but I've had better, for $fewer from the Gaelic experts. 3/5