Whisky!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My first foray into local whisky, got me a Starward (Melbourne distillery) ginger beer cask-aged whisky. It's good, but not really worthy of its $150/bottle tag. Moderately smoky, and a noticeable but not overpowering spicy zing from the ginger are good notes, but otherwise it's a bit rough around the edges. I like it, but I've had better, for $fewer from the Gaelic experts. 3/5
I've had a few of the starward offerings. I've found their cheaper stuff (like nova and two fold) to be fair for the price. How was the high abv on the gingerbeard?

Out of Melbourne I quite like the gospel solera rye.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
48% for the gingery one, so on par with some of the Islanders. Doesn't burn like some hi-alc ones do, but it's definitely not as smooth as the more practised distillers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
48% for the gingery one, so on par with some of the Islanders. Doesn't burn like some hi-alc ones do, but it's definitely not as smooth as the more practised distillers.
I end to swing between a few that hover around 50% and the more mellow 40% at the moment.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Drop into pub or a counter lunch. Thursday is schnitzel day. Oh what? It comes with a free beer or wine? Ummmm...I can prettyuch give you whatever you want. Even a whisky? For sure!

Bar ender moves on the wall and I'm expecting a Jameson or similar low end oh shit! That's the red breast 12 year, delicious. Shit this guy just wants to move it...2 shots! Bar tender of the year!

This is pretty tasty Irish whiskey.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I feel that such a regal drink doesn't suit you.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
I happened to see it when I was looking for whisky that is actually good and doesn't taste like someone smoked bongs through it.
Highland and Speyside for me.
Still $142 online.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I happened to see it when I was looking for whisky that is actually good and doesn't taste like someone smoked bongs through it.
Highland and Speyside for me.
Still $142 online.
Huh? Lagavulin is Islay. The weird name is the give away.

If you want to try an equally good Speyside/Highland try the Glenlivet 18.

Don't try the Royal Salute. You will enjoy it so much people will think you are a Royalist.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Huh? Lagavulin is Islay. The weird name is the give away.

If you want to try an equally good Speyside/Highland try the Glenlivet 18.

Don't try the Royal Salute. You will enjoy it so much people will think you are a Royalist.

I don't hate Glenlivet 18 but actually prefer the 12. I like a bit of rawness and I'm not so into sherry casks. I really like vanilla of European oak but the sherry seems to extract the vanilla flavours out of the wood. This is opinion, not sure of any science to it. It may just be the sherry overpowers the vanilla.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Or Talisker 10yo. It might be the same as the delightful gravel and burnt socks 'flavour'
But lacking the bong funk...

I don't mind the Talisker 10. It does have a vibe of a flaming ash tray full of cigar butts and seaweed extinguished by a hooker's piss, but that works nicely.