where for art thou good tyres?

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wiggle has had a price ...drop ( dare i say it ) but mostly on 60tpi schwable with wire beads - however they are down to $40 Aud . Magic Mary / Nobby Nic / Hans Dampf , Michelin mud Kings with 'protection ;' are $40 ish also
27.5 x 2.4 - 29 are a bit dearer -approx $55-$60

i prefer the addix in Scwalbe with a 120 tpi exo case - harder to puncture - grippy too

Feck Rekons 2.8 x 27.5 $58 ! half price

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Crisis averted. A couple of 2.4 Goodyear Newton ST were delivered from MTBDirect and fitted front and rear. They measure out at around 2.25", but seem grippy enough, roll pretty good and look sweet. So I'll keep running them for now. Also noticed they'd gone back up in price. No longer $60 an end.

My half worn Griffus I'll keep as backups in case of slash/unsealable puncture. I do like those tyres.

Also grabbed a Magic Mary / Hans Dampf gravity casing combo from bikebug, which is now sitting in the spares box for future use.

Will be keeping an eye out for some Wild Enduros to try, so hit me up if you see any 29" WE for decent prices.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Will be keeping an eye out for some Wild Enduros to try, so hit me up if you see any 29" WE for decent prices.
They are like hens teeth in 29", have not been available as a front for over 7 months. @beeb kindly hooked me up with a 29" front MagiX to match my GumX rear. Have not seen a single rear for sale for more than 5 months either.

Plenty of pictures online, even in the new race guise, none for us plebs.

Same in Vittoria, wanting a set of Mazza's and a single Martello, nothing for a long time, yet they release new tyres :rolleyes:

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Plenty of pictures online, even in the new race guise, none for us plebs.
Next Delivery 78 Due 15-MAR-2022

There's no tyres for Christmas this year kids.

moorey

call me Mia
Crisis averted. A couple of 2.4 Goodyear Newton ST were delivered from MTBDirect and fitted front and rear. They measure out at around 2.25", but seem grippy enough, roll pretty good and look sweet. So I'll keep running them for now. Also noticed they'd gone back up in price. No longer $60 an end.

My half worn Griffus I'll keep as backups in case of slash/unsealable puncture. I do like those tyres.

Also grabbed a Magic Mary / Hans Dampf gravity casing combo from bikebug, which is now sitting in the spares box for future use.

Bike24. Buy a few to offset shipping costs. (fronts at least)
https://www.bike24.com/p2433210.html

Last edited:

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be running Michelin tires exclusively if i could find the fkn things in 29. Been running a DH22 on the front and its the best tire i've ever used, but is like riding with anvil hanging off your fork

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Thanks mate. Thats ace. Group buy anyone?
Don’t think I need the dh casing of the racing line or I’d be in. Massive weight penalty over competition line and I’ve never had a problem with puncture (just guaranteed a puncture didn’t I…) I’ll try and wait out the shortage but agree Wild Enduros are the shit

moorey

call me Mia
1380g :oops:

I love my wild enduros but they dont roll so nice up the hill, the DH casing adds another 300g to that.
In my defence, I’ve got plenty, so I don’t care ;)

I run normal GumX. I certainly don’t find rolling an issue….given what it’s designed for. This ain’t XC country, mate.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
In my defence, I’ve got plenty, so I don’t care ;)

I run normal GumX. I certainly don’t find rolling an issue….given what it’s designed for. This ain’t XC country, mate.
Can you start stretching a few to 29” for me?