where for art thou good tyres?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Crisis averted. A couple of 2.4 Goodyear Newton ST were delivered from MTBDirect and fitted front and rear. They measure out at around 2.25", but seem grippy enough, roll pretty good and look sweet. So I'll keep running them for now. Also noticed they'd gone back up in price. No longer $60 an end.

My half worn Griffus I'll keep as backups in case of slash/unsealable puncture. I do like those tyres.

Also grabbed a Magic Mary / Hans Dampf gravity casing combo from bikebug, which is now sitting in the spares box for future use.

Will be keeping an eye out for some Wild Enduros to try, so hit me up if you see any 29" WE for decent prices.
How did you find the Griffus? I have a couple of Taipans I was going to use as rears but the Griffus looks like a solid front choice.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
How did you find the Griffus? I have a couple of Taipans I was going to use as rears but the Griffus looks like a solid front choice.
Could only get the 2.4 size last time. Ran it front and rear. I found it good for my local sandstone and loose/hard dirt trails. Rear was somewhat worn at about 500kms (starting to think about replacing - hence the tyre thread). But no knobs ripped off or any punctures.
The 2.4 runs about 2.45" on my 26mm wheels. The 2.5 might run big from some accounts. Apparently it doesn't like mud. But who does?

Actually picked up a couple of 2.5s and another 2.4 today (barring an inventory bug at RideSports) for only 55 ea.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Thanks bud. I’m all good. I managed to acquire one new front and two used once front and rear on FB so good for a while. Also trying out the Assguy and Dissector combo at the moment. .
Plus they are a bit porky for my gravel bike.
Cool, understood. I won't judge you.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Just to clarify I got the standard WE’s. Not these HD DH big mofo versions. My days of going “full retard” are behind me.
And then he notices the subtle FIFY in the quote... ;)

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While we are buying tyres we don't need, is anyone interested is Wild Enduro rears 29x2.4? On special at BikeInn for $55AUD plus about $30AUD shipping per tyre. I'm going to get a couple, let me know if you want one (or more).