Where does your user name come from?

Cyclomaniac

Likes Dirt
Tried to sign up as Ace Rimmer (Red Dwarf character) but had problems getting the account to work. Tried again with whatever came into my head. It worked or I contacted the mods or something so it stuck.

stirk

Burner
My name is Stirling. My sister called me Stirk for a couple of years when I was in my early teens. I've no idea why she called me this but it gave me the shits.

This thread is giving me deja vu.

And the cicadas are really loud!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rex the ute , coz I like utes and all my previous and post ones had had names ..
when I signed up to Farkin , I had an xr8 , Lime Green Pri or to that was Errol a Wb one tonner ,prior to that was Blue , or ‘ that fuckin thing as my father referred to it ....HZ , 427 , 4 speed , 9 inch ....big Fat tyres .
Now Its a Holden again , just called ‘ute’
So for the last 30 yrs plus I’ve always had a ute , of some description .

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Novelty dragon boat races circa high school, the requirement for the team name was that it had to be made up of 'x' number of letters with 'y' number of consonants and 'z' number of vowels, the workings of the name was written in an old folder that I had happen to unpack from a storage box the very same day I signed up to Farkin.net and the maximum number of characters allowed for the user name matched.

tobbogonist

a registered member
An old Billy Connolly routine where he is recounting a dinner party with ridiculously wealthy people and he asks a man what he does for a living and they respond 'toboggonist'. Always stuck with me.
At first I thought it was funny but as I got older I started to struggle with the idea of defining people by how the make their money and saw it in a new light.
Frustrated with the 'what do you do?' question everyone dropped at the pub or parties or wherever I started making things up.
Reading that makes me sound obnoxious but it was only ever in good humour, if people went with it i'd spend the evening making up stories about the work, if not i'd shut up and carry on. Spent an evening as a shark hunter once, one of the better nights I loosely remember. Someone wrote shark hunter on a white shirt in permanant marker and fashioned me a beer carton boat.
I figured shark hunter is a little off colour for an online forum. So.. toboggonist.

Brow

Big Block
Mine is my nickname. Had it since early days in the RAAF 30+ yrs ago. My wife always calls me that too and I think there are some people in my past think it is my real name.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm the boom king.

Glad this isn't about sugar lumps, though being the hiphopopotamus is an idea.

99coconuts way back. A carry over from a motorbike forum, more or less because I used to sing the old Monty python coconuts song when I found myself inebriated. I thought Plankosaurus suited me better, despite the song being an absolute hit every time I inflicted it on everyone in earshot.

...it is hard to talk about moisture and timber with a straight face

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
And what a song!

I have used foxpuppet as an online name for various accounts on forums, gaming, socials etc since around 2002.

Was walking thorough a department store with my wife (then fiancée) and picked up some kind of fake mink/fox looking wrap off a shelf and started using it like a puppet over the aisle divider and chatting to people who walked past. The Fox puppet story became a bit of a yarn to spin amongst our friends and then the name stuck. I think I first used it online as a replacement nickname when I joined Xbox live. Prior to that it was Banjobiwan but didn’t want to have my actual name in my online profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like it.