When do you think we will travel with the bike again?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
The all day drive from Adelaide and a good sleep while crossing is gold.
Yeah, night sail was well worth it in my book. Exxy but once you factor two fewer nights' accommodation, two fewer days' annual leave, and not having to sit on deck on the boat all day, it was an easy decision.

ozzybmx

call me Cáitín
Yeah, night sail was well worth it in my book. Exxy but once you factor two fewer nights' accommodation, two fewer days' annual leave, and not having to sit on deck on the boat all day, it was an easy decision.
Exactly, for a day sailing we have to either drive the day before and stay just outside Melbourne for the night or travel all night and try get a few hours on the boat. Then arrive late in Devonport and look for a campsite.

As you said, its a little bit more expensive but you save a few days travel/leave and get to sleep during the journey rather than spend 10 hours walking around a shitty boat ;)

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I'm also hoping for a miracle.

Still 8 weeks away but cant see SA changing their mind to let me drive through Victoria.

Tassie is happy for me cross the SA border and drive directly through Vic to the boat. SA wont let me do it on the return journey :(

Anyway, The Spirit of Tasmania is keeping my $2678 warm with a 100% refund if I cant make it.

We have not booked any campsites at all. Will just wing it and book ahead if we get there.
We ask you to please wear your masks. Not because of COVID or anything, just we've forgotten what smiles look like on this side of the border and might interpret your COVID-free happy-time travelling upturned mouth shapes as some kind of teeth-baring aggression and try and fight you. It's for your own safety really... :D

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken
If there is one rule for the ferry, its get a cabin. Even if you're travelling on your own, get the cabin! Second rule is bring your own food...

Haakon

Call me Ken, whoreken
Still have the brand new EVOC bike bag I bought before the pandemic hit. Never even unwrapped it... Maybe this time next year I'll get to use it.

Ash HT

Likes Bikes
Thailand just opened up with one day Quarantine for vaccinated travelers.....:)

If you haven't ridden in Chiang mai Thailand stick it on your bucket list.

This time of the year is normally the ATV classic, a 16km downhill race from 1600m......and it finishes at a local whisky hut...super fun race.