When did this thread turn into a scooter discussion?

nathanm

Eats Squid
Ferrari/Lamborghini/McLaren et al cars are expensive for what they are too. What separates a $1m stuporcar from a $12k Hyundai? About the same material/manufacturing tech development that separates a $15k bike from a $400 Giant ATX or similar.
A $12k hyundai doesn't do 300km/h or 0-100 on 2 seconds. I think you very much get what you pay for there.

moorey

call me Mia
A $12k hyundai doesn't do 300km/h or 0-100 on 2 seconds. I think you very much get what you pay for there.
Nope. Watched a series called ‘Fastest Car’ the other day. Premise is that each episode puts a supercar up against 3 home built ‘sleepers’.
The supercar won 1:6, and that was by a bees dick, they were mostly thrashed in a drag, despite ‘launch control’ AWD V mostly 2wd.
Some were virtually drag cars, despite having to be street legal, others were things like old Honda civics and rusty 70’s Oldsmobile’s.

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Ok let’s get the hot crazy matrix going.

First of all, watch this:

We need to allocate:

No go zone
Danger zone
Fun zone
Date zone
Marry zone
Unicorn

Should we set the axis limits first?

There's no way a bike from a department store should even make it to the no go zone

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
not to mention, one is handmade with thousands of hours by craftsmen, and the other by robots in a day - hell, even the paint is fast baked so not to take up time. ie there is a genuine cost difference in production. there is no way a carbon frame costs thousands to produce, nor does an XX1 derailer cost even 50% more than an SX, let alone 300%

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Your talking the tall girls yeah?.
But I would never go as low as being a roadie again, some things are just unforgivable if you do them again.

Not much about my life being exposed really worries me, be a good lesson to the youngsters on how to enjoy your life against adversity, oh and how to fuck things up as well.
At least I have become a better person, fuck. I occasionally ride mtb.
This was me back then, people tell me I look like someone on television or something View attachment 358815

link1896

Mr Greenfield
This is going to be hilarious.

The comparisons between bikes and partners could get messy for those involved. Beware. Plan a back story now.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
GT and LaPierre are both in the wife zone for me. #CTguru shut the fuck up.

Specialized has one wheel in the danger zone, one wheel in the fun zone.

safreek

Married? I doubt it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Maaate, get ready for the politically correct wankers to start, I put a similar thing up about 29rs a while ago, got accused of being homophobic which was rather hilarious considering.
But yes, I agree with that picture,

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Dont buy into the roadie culture at all but ride them when its really hot weather , on a week tour or injured.
Does this matrix go by brands or specific bikes cos afraid I would be married to a Giant but wouldnt want to own one.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I like this idea my wife is not called Tiffany but is close to the danger zone.
Anyone know what happened to mywifesirrational ? Maybe out of action ? Maybe she got him?
I think MWI has left the Rotorburn echo-chamber. re wife- Nah, doubt it.

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think you very much get what you pay for there.
Not always. If you've got a spare 40 minutes watch this. I've always been a Porsche guy anyway but now I definitely won't be shopping for a McLaren any time soon. Not that I'm shopping for a Carrera GT at the moment either.