Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I've logged 531 beers on Untappd. It's hard to find a stand out these days.
612 over the weekend. Recent winter standouts:

Bentspoke Descent 22

Vocation Breakfast Club 2.0

Bright Brewery Compost Cookie

Capital All Night Long (this is so nice and simple, very easy to drink)

Duncans Maple Scorched Almond

Double Vision More Cowbell

Moon Dog Breaker of Chains

I have to give a plug to Lord Howe Island Brewing, their range is balanced and tasty and I have bought same again of some of theirs. Returning this winter were Moon Dog Timothy Tamothy Slamothy and Bad Shepherd Double Choc Hazlenut Brown. Still waiting for the local to get in Bad Shepherd Peanut Butter Porter, my favourite sweet dark beer ever.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Geee, does this count? Went past Sydney Brewery in Surry Hills and had to drop in. Has the whole shooting match in their bar/still/pissup arena and I picked up a few of these on the weekend.

Somewhere between Old and Montieths black which might not sound that good but I give it thumbs up.
20220718_124606.jpg

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Had this in 2013, still the most amazing dessert style beer I've ever had, and the first, these guys were doing it long before everyone.

We had the mango astronaut and the maple bacon one but this was the best by far, I think I had two and my mate had two. If I could bring back a limited series beer this would be it.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I might not be the connoisseur. A firm dark beer does it for me. Some of those fruity IPA's make me want to consider self harm :)
I go through phases. Sours in the summer, stouts in the winter and West Coast IPAs most of the rest of the time. I will drink a 'fruity' pale ale or IPA, but its not the preference

cammas

Seamstress
I don’t know, these have been going down a treat at the moment, it shouldn’t work but they taste so good.
Gave one to my bogan Carlton drinking son, his wife asked he thought of it? he wouldn’t answer when I said “he doesn’t want to offend his father” he just grinned.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I don’t know, these have been going down a treat at the moment, it shouldn’t work but they taste so good.
Gave one to my bogan Carlton drinking son, his wife asked he thought of it? he wouldn’t answer when I said “he doesn’t want to offend his father” he just grinned.
View attachment 391356
Wrong weather for me, but big fan of this