Whats the best beer you've had & why?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Yeah.... so a "session IPA" is meant to refer to its alcohol content rather than its flavour. Being 3-4% booze makes it "sessionable."

Personally I just "session" normal IPAs but I may have a problem.
I started on the Imperials, so a normal IPA is a session one to me now

Rorschach

I'm giving this one a go:

View attachment 374958

I really like red ales, but they're not exactly common. This one makes up for scarcity by being 2-3 beers at once.
drools
Don't mind a bit of Kaiju but have been drinking primarily WA beers recently - some good stuff out here at the minute with a lot of breweries kicking some serious goals.
Cheeky Monkey over here bring out an Imperial Red Ale every year, their 2021 release just came out so am keeping an eye on that.
The new Otherside seasonal Stout just came out as well so need to get that one as well as their one-off RIS.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
drools
Don't mind a bit of Kaiju but have been drinking primarily WA beers recently - some good stuff out here at the minute with a lot of breweries kicking some serious goals.
Agree - Classic Kaiju can art! Instant recognition even though I haven't had that one.

Rorschach

Balter "Eazy Hazy" is my new fav go to. LOVE the Hazy full strength, but it's a bit too much after a couple. And these are a slight bit cheaper to boot.
I found some decent Balter stuff at Liquorland of all places - was the best there but it was a bit old based on the canned dates. They have some Beerfarm stuff in there, but its also a bit old compared to what I can get down the road.
Normally go to my local bottleshop at either the IGA or the pub as they've normally got more local in.
a 4 pack of local beer is ~$22 here, which is pretty good.

Rorschach

Beerfarm IPL is probably a good compromise too. And as above, the Hazys.. Might need to pop into the bottlo for some..
If you can get it that far over East. One of the best summer beers IMO. IIPL is solid too.

stirk

Burner
Somebody help me here. IPA is heavily hopped and session beers have a lighter flavour so what is a session IPA?
Session beers should just be less ABV for the same style. Session IPA beers will tend to be lighter due to less malts in the wort but should carry the same hop forward character as an IPA.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Agree - Classic Kaiju can art! Instant recognition even though I haven't had that one.
It's brilliant branding. I had no idea what they were but looked for one after I saw the 8 bit nerd monsters which being a nerd I had to try. That I've been into every single one of their beers I've tried (including their pilsner ffs) is just icing on the cake.

They did a superb non-avgas version red ale too, but I haven't seen it anywhere for a while. Their IPAs are the shiz.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Haven’t been drinking much beer recently and even then mostly just easy ones and nothing to really think about.

Tried this the other night though and it was lovely. Really tasty balance of quite lactic sourness with some floral hop character, and nice body that many other Aussie brewers seem to struggle to achieve in their sours.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Really tasty balance of quite lactic sourness with some floral hop character, and nice body that many other Aussie brew
You've sold me! Lots of sours I try once, and they mostly taste like tangy dishwater. Balance with sours must be tough. Just like I find anything with smoked malts is risky, unless they use it very sparingly.