What's my new frame going to be?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My poor old used and abused spider has bitten the dust
Well not really, it has a very small crack forming at a weld and will probably last year's to come, but I have a birthday coming up and I didn't milk the last one so I clearly need a new frame

What I guess I need to know, is who still makes stuff for middle aged white guys that are threatened by change? I want a metal trail frame that takes a threaded BB and preferably isn't boost. Banshee springs to mind, and I don't hate the idea, but I want to see what else is going these days in case I miss something cool.

Aluminium is preferable, steel is cool though, no carbon
Currently have some perfectly adequate 275 spanks on pro4 hubs that would be a shame to move on
Don't like pressfit, I go full old man yells at cloud over that
120-140mm travel is where I'm at, already have xc and enduro bikes, this is the everyday inbetweener

Any suggestions? Am I asking too much? Do I have to buy second hand? (Actually, I don't hate this)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
My poor old used and abused spider has bitten the dust
Well not really, it has a very small crack forming at a weld and will probably last year's to come, but I have a birthday coming up and I didn't milk the last one so I clearly need a new frame

What I guess I need to know, is who still makes stuff for middle aged white guys that are threatened by change? I want a metal trail frame that takes a threaded BB and preferably isn't boost. Banshee springs to mind, and I don't hate the idea, but I want to see what else is going these days in case I miss something cool.

Aluminium is preferable, steel is cool though, no carbon
Currently have some perfectly adequate 275 spanks on pro4 hubs that would be a shame to move on
Don't like pressfit, I go full old man yells at cloud over that
120-140mm travel is where I'm at, already have xc and enduro bikes, this is the everyday inbetweener

Any suggestions? Am I asking too much? Do I have to buy second hand? (Actually, I don't hate this)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Sound like you want my tranny...

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Nice! No options to ship to Aus at checkout so would need to ask the question. Seem well thought out.
Goodluck if you can get a response out of them..Gave up trying to import them years ago.

I had the same shopping requirements, banshee sizing didn't suit. Propain and alutechs alloy was up there, but the Aussie landing price wasn't worth it. Tried to wait for a foes at good price but never happened. If airdrops edits weren't 50kg it'd be on the shortlist. Nicolai Saturn 14ST was good too.

I'd go back to full 27.5 instead of the mullet. The last clay had changeable dropouts, a few come up on bike-market.de

Last edited:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Goodluck if you can get a response out of them..Gave up trying to import them years ago.
Seems the way with Euro manufacters. No response from Propain, 3 weeks. 2 weeks from Last and didn’t answer all my queries. Doesn't give you much confidence to purchase their products.