Whats chewing my power? Diagnosis help!

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Hey @Rorschach did you work out what was causing the spikes in your power consumption?

I have a similar thing going on, older home existing solar system from previous owners and a large electric hot water system.

We just had a "powerpal" installed to get real time power consumption readings and around 10-10:30pm and 4-5am we have a spike.

Yesterday I turned the hot water system off which seems to have been the big power draw.

Now to organise a sparky to install a 7 day timer and contactor to keep it like the second photo.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Hey @Rorschach did you work out what was causing the spikes in your power consumption?

I have a similar thing going on, older home existing solar system from previous owners and a large electric hot water system.

We just had a "powerpal" installed to get real time power consumption readings and around 10-10:30pm and 4-5am we have a spike.

Yesterday I turned the hot water system off which seems to have been the big power draw.

Now to organise a sparky to install a 7 day timer and contactor to keep it like the second photo.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk
Hey mate. No I didn’t, new baby came along and most things went on the back burner!
I need to get a sparky out to look at a few things so will add this to the list I think