What trail features do you want/need to get better at

Jpez

Down on the left!
Hills. God I hate going up them.
I have no real interest in getting better at going up them. But I know the faster I get up a hill and better I am at climbing them the fitter I am and I can hit the descents harder.
Kills me when I’m slogging up that fire road to the to
at slower than snail pace and some dude on an old Glory or something comes chugging past like it’s nothing.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
More for show than anything but I wish I could pop a wheelie land hold it for more than 20 ft! No matter how much I try, it has eluded me! My balance is good and I can bunnyhop and hold a track stand for ever.... but alas!

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Drops when going down a steep chute.. Does my head trying figure out how to get the bike balanced on landing. Also gaps of any type unless it has a ski jump style take off..

Last edited:

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And stairs. Did a full flight last week for the first time ever.
Up or down ? I used to be able to ride up seven steps back in the days of rigid 26” MTB’s. I haven’t pushed the boundaries of that with my new bike, it should be able to do it easy but I’m not sure I’m up to it yet. Not willing to bet a carbon rim on it at this point in time.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Berms, jumps, ruts, hawt laps....
Everything. I just need to be better at everything.

But if I'm honest with myself, I will be better at everything if I'm 30kgs lighter and a lot stronger. Thus the continued placing if fist in mouth regularly when hungry and animalistic grunting and moaning at the gym twice a week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
jumps though it depends how they are built, I find ones with a steep lip quite intimidating cos you have to push your bike forward .

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Doubles and blind drops for me - it's a psychological thing mainly (fuck you, sense of self preservation). Would like to learn to bunny hop better and wheelie/manual too, to help with riding in general.

Binaural

Eats Squid
Slow speed trials manoeuvres on technical sections - so hard to do smoothly, feels so great when you pull them off.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Air time for me also. One weekend at Greenvalleys was super beneficial, but it's been over a year now since going there, so it makes it hard to progress quickly if you can't practice a lot.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah that's easy, doubles or just big air in general. A few runs down track 2 in Harcourt did me wonders for my jumping confidence but I'd be interested in a skills session with an expert just to go over my technique to see what I'm doing right/wrong.