What made you decide to e-bike?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
3. This was your most interesting comment for me.
Where did you get the knowledge for repairs ,after market kits from where ,are you electrically/electronics trained ?
7. I changed the geo as much as possible but some sharp corners are OK on analogue, I just walk the ebike.
I have 8 bikes but dont ride an enduro bike on our tracks generally.
8. My motor is a bit lower and I added another log to our local logs rolls etc for it.
eBike Motor Service Parts & Repairs | Australia
These guys sell service kits. If your electronics are cooked that's beyond me or most people but the large majority of issues with motors are the bearings, belts or sprag clutches and if you are mechanically inclined, you can do this yourself. If you aren't keen, you can send your motor to them and they will service it. Sure, it's another expense over a normal bike, but so is a full suspension bike over a hard tail. Just a shame that the motor brands and bike manufacturers don't offer this. :confused:

I've never had any more issues with my Levo SL on switchbacks than my normal bike. It has the same Geo as a Stumpy.

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
These guys sell service kits. If your electronics are cooked that's beyond me or most people but the large majority of issues with motors are the bearings, belts or sprag clutches and if you are mechanically inclined, you can do this yourself. If you aren't keen, you can send your motor to them and they will service it. Sure, it's another expense over a normal bike, but so is a full suspension bike over a hard tail. Just a shame that the motor brands and bike manufacturers don't offer this. :confused:

I've never had any more issues with my Levo SL on switchbacks than my normal bike. It has the same Geo as a Stumpy.
Thanks for the link ! I recently took my bike to the LBS which is an authorised Bosch service centre for them to assess and service the motor if necessary. Getting close to 3000ks of use , I figured some preventative maintenance wouldn't hurt but was surprised when they told me to run it until it stopped if it was still under warranty. Further to that , as an "authorised service centre" , if there is something wrong , they remove the motor and send it to Bosch in Sydney!
It was reassuring to read this line from the Bosch page of the linked site. Bosch motors are not designed to be serviced and should only fixed if they start to fail. The motors are sealed for life and if kept dry will do in excess of 80,000kms without problem.
Bookmarked in case I ever need it , hopefully not ! Cheers.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin

Yeah great to hear that motors can be serviced.
.Electronics are an issue which some smart person hopefully will get into , if i was young again it would be a great profession e Bikes and EVs

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The run it till it stops - I have given mine hell for over 6,000km it’s been wet , hot , dusty and my Lardy arse on it .
It is still on the top 5 things I have bought in my lifetime .
But a new one is or seems expensive .
Still want a new one if I ride 4,000 km this yr .

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The run it till it stops - I have given mine hell for over 6,000km it’s been wet , hot , dusty and my Lardy arse on it .
It is still on the top 5 things I have bought in my lifetime .
But a new one is or seems expensive .
Still want a new one if I ride 4,000 km this yr .
One of the best things I have bought as well.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I’m still working towards after market motor parts too. The aftermarket space has room for more then one player. Found belts for Brose that are a viable alternative to the Gates OEM belts currently being used.

The aftermarket bearings on offer so far, to the best of my knowledge, are B and C grade bearings using low grade steel.

NSK and the like have zero interest in a run of custom bearings, but there are many ways to skin a cat. I’ve some radical ideas to try out with a view to longevity

The latest Bosch motors, the pcb is glued into the housing on both the front and back of the pcb, on disassembly the multi layer pcb is destroyed.

cammas

Seamstress
So yesterday was the first ride off road and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it, first time in a long time that I’ve been able to keep up with my riding buddy. Very happy with it, motor noise is not obtrusive, chatting with my mate he said he only heard it when passing otherwise nothing. I reckon it’s the first time I’ve been able to beat him up a hill ;), I was able to do about 31ks with him.

I was a little knackered afterwards and if I wasn’t on the e-bike I wouldn’t been able to make it, I think I would’ve had some problems with my health especially with the heat, which is the whole reason why I got the bike.