What happned to Saint's?

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Okay.. Well, recently my old pair of saints that came with my flogged out 09 glory completely shit themselves senseless.. So I decided to get another pair of newer ones.

I went for one ride to wear them in (As, I was to head off to Canada and had no time for a second ride).. Headed up to Whistler for obvious reasons and the brakes did not seem to work well at all, I made all the adjustments I could think of, and, while one adjustment made some difference, it soon went back to been un-responsive and slow..

The guys at the shop at Whistler did offer to blead it, but I figured it wouldn't need it as it had just had a new system put in. So I went to have a cruise in Banff and they were EVEN WORSE, to the point where it would probably take aproximately the distance from here to Mars to stop me, even at slow-ish speeds. So I checked the newly bought ole girls into the local smashing shop, and, there was indeed air bubbles in the line and an issue with the leavers that was soon rectified, so, I took, the hopefully now perky and responsive ole girls, out on another abusement ride, and, much to my surprise, the brakes weren't as perky as thy older ones were, it still seemed slow, and unresponsive over my old whored out pair which were much more perky and responsive to the point where it was easy to lock the ole sluts up (Which I liked that perky and responsiveness, yes I know I'm weird)

My main reason for posting this, Is, there any other adjustments that, could have been made to the new pairs, that would get them to become responsice and perky like my old slogged out pairs?

Or, do I have to just cut my losses and finde another pair of brakes that act the same way my ole slogged out slutty pair of fun bags did? If, there even is another pair out there like that..

If these new pairs do become responsive like the old girls were and I'm just been hugely impaiteint, I'll post here again with updates..

Cheers.

Skydome

Running whatever rotars came stock with the 09 glory, and from googling it does look the ones you suggested..

Skydome

Interesting.. So it's not just me been extremely picky..

How would I get them working like the old ones?

I noted on the other thread one dude reccomended to use the bleed funnel.

Any fixes that can be done on the go that should help?

SideFX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your on a riding trip dont wast time , get some new brakes . Get a set of codes for the big mountains , not XO trails . JensonUSA do free shipping to Canada and it takes about a day .

Skydome

I can't just empty the bank account out on a pair of brakes since I've got another four weeks here, plus it's kinda hard to get shipping when you are in a caravan constantly moving around and in any case I've only got 378 till next week so that just isn't option for me to consider at this point in time.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I can't just empty the bank account out on a pair of brakes since I've got another four weeks here, plus it's kinda hard to get shipping when you are in a caravan constantly moving around and in any case I've only got 378 till next week so that just isn't option for me to consider at this point in time.
Hey, I've replied in the thread I started with the method I used to get me by. Hopefully it'll get you by for the next couple of weeks.

Then you can sell them and get Codes later :tongue-new:

thepope1986

Likes Dirt
i had the same problem with my zee brakes. i find that i have always got lever feel but can never really lock up like i could with codes. i just put it down to how the brakes are, even had them bled and using shimano rotors. ill be going to X0 trails when i can afford to.

Dilstub

Likes Dirt
i know mine took a very careful bed-in until they were consistent. first few rides they'd occasionally lose power, soon as i cleaned off pads/rotors and did 30-40 hard stops per brake they were good. no problems for about a month now, touch wood.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My saints have always felt snappy and responsive. I prefer the feel over any of the sram brakes of similar spec i have used. BUT, i find that if i don't line my rotors up properly they feel mushy as one pad is bending the rotor abit before the other pad clamps it.

Who installed the brakes? Sorry if this was mentioned i must have missed it.

Tony

Skydome

I got them installed by my trust worthy LBS that I've been going to since I got the bike. I am consident in his mechanics skills as I've had no issues like this with the older ones.

I am going to try and bring in the pads some more to give me an earlier bite point and the pads were alinged fine otherwise you'd expect the other dude who bled it recently would have picked up on it.

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What issues did you have with the lever that was resolved? Get the system bled again and see if their is anymore air in them. Go on the shimano website and download the shop manual that tells you how to do it properly. You need to syringe from both ends with the new saints and have the levers at different levels. Did the mechanic tap everything to displace the air when bleeding?

Also rip the pads out and check if they are metal type(it says on the back of the pad).

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also i wouldnt assume anything when it comes to get mechanics to fix your bike. Their are alot of sub standard mechanics around that miss alot of thing or dont even do them properly. As i was told in school "assume makes an ASS out of U and ME". Check the the disc is line up properly your self just to be safe bud.