What GPS Stem Mount?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Hey all.
Have an Elemnt Bolt I switch between my roadie and MTB, and until now have been using the one that comes with it, which uses cable ties and attaches to my handlebars - the aero mount is on my roadie.
As the shitty thing keeps slipping when I'm riding, I want a better mount and want to canvas opinion on who uses what - K-edge adjustable stem mounts seem popular, but not sure what else is about other than topcap mounts.

So, what is everyone using?

cammas

Seamstress
I run the K-edge top cap mount and have no real problems with it, it’s a little finicky to get it to align if your OCD like me, no issues with it coming our or being too loose that it rattles. The only issue is if you do not run a wheel sensor I have found my broad shoulders ;) can play havoc with the readings.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I use the plastic 'aero' mount that came with the unit on the roadie, and have a k-edge alloy combo mount (gopro/light mount on the underside) for the XC bike.

Rorschach

I run the K-edge top cap mount and have no real problems with it, it’s a little finicky to get it to align if your OCD like me, no issues with it coming our or being too loose that it rattles. The only issue is if you do not run a wheel sensor I have found my broad shoulders ;) can play havoc with the readings.
Hmm, can pick up a cheap knock-off one from AliExpress, might give it a go

I use the plastic 'aero' mount that came with the unit on the roadie, and have a k-edge alloy combo mount (gopro/light mount on the underside) for the XC bike.
My aero mount is on the roadie and staying there. I'm also nervous about having something sticking out the front of my bike, hence looking at something that mounts to the stem

ForkinGreat

Hmm, can pick up a cheap knock-off one from AliExpress, might give it a go

My aero mount is on the roadie and staying there. I'm also nervous about having something sticking out the front of my bike, hence looking at something that mounts to the stem
my k-edge sits flush or slightly lower than the top of the bars where the stem clamps on. I would be more concerned about damage if I had a stem mount. Bars are renthal fatbar lite with 38 or 40 mm rise. the K-edge is only clamped tight enough to stop movement. it will move if something bumps it in a stack. same for shifters and brake levers.

Rorschach

my k-edge sits flush or slightly lower than the top of the bars where the stem clamps on. I would be more concerned about damage if I had a stem mount. Bars are renthal fatbar lite with 38 or 40 mm rise. the K-edge is only clamped tight enough to stop movement. it will move if something bumps it in a stack. same for shifters and brake levers.
Any chance you can find a link? I can't picture it or find something that fits what I see in my head on their webby

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Check out 76 Projects Enduro Mount. It's a 3D printed Garmin or Wahoo mount that sticks to your top tube right behind the stem.

I've been running one on both my bikes and has been rock solid, even through jumps, drops, rock gardens and braking bumps.

It sit's a little lower so it's not as easy to read, but the flip side is that it's well out of the way should you crash.

ForkinGreat

Check out 76 Projects Enduro Mount. It's a 3D printed Garmin or Wahoo mount that sticks to your top tube right behind the stem.

I've been running one on both my bikes and has been rock solid, even through jumps, drops, rock gardens and braking bumps.

It sit's a little lower so it's not as easy to read, but the flip side is that it's well out of the way should you crash.
as long as looking down didn't cause the crash in the first place ;)

goobags

Likes Dirt
I have had k edge ones on my bikes for years. Solid mount. Only drama is one snapped Garmin ear and one stoped plastic insert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

This! I just use the standard Garmin mounts on the top tube and it's saved my edge 1030 a few times already. I'm assuming the 76 projects and a few others allow the same thing. My edge 1000 died because I smacked it with my chest when I screwed up a climb.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk