What fork is this

nathanm

Eats Squid
Guessing Marzocchi with the M crown, maybe some type of Dirt Jam?
Has Red Dials on top, one adjusts travel from 110-130mm (maybe 120-140?) and the other dial goes click click and has a random hole in it.
Two adustments on the bottom of the legs but the adjusters are missing.
Being 1 1/8 straight with QR dropouts just working out whether they're worth rebuilding as they seem to work great despite a few chips in th

Attachments

Flow-Rider

Burner
Dirt Jams have silver stanchions, try and see what's under the paint on the lower legs, looks like a 2006 ~ 2007 model fork by looking at the red knobs and steer crown. Either all mountains or Marathons I'd say, you need to work out what travel they actually are.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Worthy of a rebuild and service IMHO. You could do a whole lot worse.
agreed. Had the AM2 from the same year and were a good fork. Marzocchi has wildly ranging oil levels for their forks so wasn't sure what the requirements were for service.

Next thing is finding an "air valve" adaptor as it seems to be recessed in under the dial.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
agreed. Had the AM2 from the same year and were a good fork. Marzocchi has wildly ranging oil levels for their forks so wasn't sure what the requirements were for service.
I have some MXC's that are just so simple inside. Not a whole lot in there compared to what you see today.
It just works and I respect a simple design that is easy to maintain, not that you have to do much ever on this one.

Next thing is finding an "air valve" adaptor as it seems to be recessed in under the dial.
That sounds like a headache. Hopefully there is cheap way around that one. Not even a small shock pump can fit it?

moorey

call me Mia
I have some MXC's that are just so simple inside. Not a whole lot in there compared to what you see today.
It just works and I respect a simple design that is easy to maintain, not that you have to do much ever on this one.

That sounds like a headache. Hopefully there is cheap way around that one. Not even a small shock pump can fit it?
I had a 44Ti, it had same thing. Needs a long adapter.

nathanm

Eats Squid

looks like they're still floating around for $20. weird design/idea but we are talking 2006 I suppose. Though the dial was for adjusting travel but now I've read it's a climb switch to lower fork from 130-110mm and if I bomb downhill in the lower mode the fork will explode and I will die.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
looks like they're still floating around for $20. weird design/idea but we are talking 2006 I suppose. Though the dial was for adjusting travel but now I've read it's a climb switch to lower fork from 130-110mm and if I bomb downhill in the lower mode the fork will explode and I will die.
A $20 investment isn't a wallet killer.

Earlier fork lockouts with no accidental big hit homer valves were in fashion. The forks will love you but will not try to be your mother.
They are big on self responsibility :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
View attachment 369737

They should be 150-130 if they're all mountain 1,s but there's something strange with the dampers on some of them where they only extend to 145. They also made hybrid OEM models as well.

https://support.marzocchi.com/home-...68-248-248&idMy=15631&idP=18523-113&idS=15739

nathanm

Eats Squid
They should be 150-130 if they're all mountain 1,s but there's something strange with the dampers on some of them where they only extend to 145. They also made hybrid OEM models as well.
Not a great sign then. They're definitely not going to 150mm, maybe 115 -135 max. Looks like they're coming apart for a little look see, though I have nfi whats inside or how to even fix it.

ausdb

Being who he is
Whilst googling last night there was a few threads on mtbr forums discussing damper issues and travel, may be worth reading

Flow-Rider

Burner
Not a great sign then. They're definitely not going to 150mm, maybe 115 -135 max. Looks like they're coming apart for a little look see, though I have nfi whats inside or how to even fix it.
That's what made me think they might be marathons (but different lowers).
The lowers of that era in 32mm are pretty much all interchangeable and a few models of Marathons came out with ETA and positive air TST carts
If the oil levels are wrong that can cause travel issues for them too.

nathanm

Eats Squid
That's what made me think they might be marathons (but different lowers).
The lowers of that era in 32mm are pretty much all interchangeable and a few models of Marathons came out with ETA and positive air TST carts
If the oil levels are wrong that can cause travel issues for them too.
Could be oil levels as they're a bit weepy...don't think I can use them regardless as the old manik frame I'm building up had a much shorter travel fork.