What does your day look like?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Except vapes also come in "disposable" which you can't really properly dispose of.

Growing volume of vape waste a challenge with recycling costly and dangerous | ABC News
That is the big problem. Way back when the gubbmint first proposed putting in regulation regarding vaping, they received many thousands of responses from vapers all over the country. One point that was universally put forward by the vaping community was to outlaw single use/disposable vapes.

Those products weren't even available in Australia at the time, and ex-smoker vapers didn't want that Pandora's Box being opened.

The narrative has been carefully manicured to create a massive problem that wasn't there. Why? Follow the money.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Old clouzbros throat and lungs must be made of asbestos. I had a choof on one at a pub not long ago and coughed my guts up... so much fucking fake chemical smoke.
let em go, I would rather be cop a face full of apple pie or blueberry smoke than a dirty old cloud of menthol ciggs any day!
cigg butts are my no.1 hate of modern society....its polyester people, it will only take 1000 years to breakdown, put the little fucker in the bin

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well then...off the back of my question regarding the XD driver my friend came over with it all this morning. The can you help me install a 7 speed cassette was actually more about 2 hubs in pieces (all pieces mixed together in the same container), XD driver stuck to an axle, and will the Stan's drive fit the DT hub? Well the 7 speed cassette obviously hasn't been installed and the driver is still stuck on the Stan's axle. But I now know how to put a DT 350 hub together. The plates rather than pawls was interesting. Are these a superior innovation? Fucked if I can work out why ham fists (a notoriously not ham fisted individual) had punched all the bearings out of both hubs! After a few "something doesn't feel right" moments I employed the mighty hammer and it's all back together now and fits into the frame. I'm still not 100% it's correct, but there were not other parts that fitted left in the container. I checked a few exploded diagrams and seems to be right.

But why??? Why does the brake side end cap sit so far into the hub body? The flange (is that the right name?) that seems to seal off the bearing is about 5 or so mm in. Surely this is just going to hoard every bit of sticky shit the trail throws in there? I'm sure it could fit another bearing in! But then end to end on the axle is too wide for the frame (150mm).

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The DT freehub is a work of art and simplicity.

The inboard cups is a bit odd. They do go in much further than I thought on the brake side. Maybe it is to accommodate all axle size combinations.

I noticed the same and thought I had it wrong. I always take photos when I strip down something unknown so I don't screw it up putting it back together.

If it works then you have done it!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The DT freehub is a work of art and simplicity.

The inboard cups is a bit odd. They do go in much further than I thought on the brake side. Maybe it is to accommodate all axle size combinations.

I noticed the same and thought I had it wrong. I always take photos when I strip down something unknown so I don't screw it up putting it back together.

If it works then you have done it!

If only he had planned...nope! Hammer time and full disassemble. All working now and it's time for what better be a very large hamburger before 10hrs of people.