What does your day look like?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Tail end of a good night with the Ex-VC. He's learning to deal with some anxiety and is struggling a bit with the Aussie Country Bloke's traditional way of not fitting in. There's a few blocky kids giving him trouble purely because he's not like them. But we went and listened to a motivational speaker and he's picked up a few strategies to give those kids the value they truly deserve and it seems to be working, this week at least.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Tail end of a good night with the Ex-VC. He's learning to deal with some anxiety and is struggling a bit with the Aussie Country Bloke's traditional way of not fitting in. There's a few blocky kids giving him trouble purely because he's not like them. But we went and listened to a motivational speaker and he's picked up a few strategies to give those kids the value they truly deserve and it seems to be working, this week at least.

It's good when the waters are calm.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
IMG_20230310_111806~2.jpg

In the rigging yard this morn. 21 boats in the fleet, not all in frame. Two races this arv, in breeze ranging fom 6-16kt; a bit more than anticipated but still in the fun range.

My last-minute crew & I survived without attempting to throw each other overboard, 20th & 19th.

Similar forecast for tomorrow & Sunday, bit less of the lighter stuff. Three races each day scheduled, but Sunday might be four 'cos Monday morning's forecast looks shite, 3-5kt.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
View attachment 397714

In the rigging yard this morn. 21 boats in the fleet, not all in frame. Two races this arv, in breeze ranging fom 6-16kt; a bit more than anticipated but still in the fun range.

My last-minute crew & I survived without attempting to throw each other overboard, 20th & 19th.

Similar forecast for tomorrow & Sunday, bit less of the lighter stuff. Three races each day scheduled, but Sunday might be four 'cos Monday morning's forecast looks shite, 3-5kt.
Which club?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
IMG_20230311_155335~2.jpg

Not a great pic, smashing the zoom on the phone cam.

Bit on this arv, on the wrong side of 20kt for most of it. Went R-Sup at the end of the second lap of the first race. By the time we got back up we realised we'd time out after the lead boat finished, so DNFd. Breeze kept building to not-fun levels, so sat out the other two races.

Tomorrow is looking similar, which is more than the earlier predictions. :confused:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Skateboard racing all weekend, I borrowed timing gear from Castech, a name some of you might recall from timing MTB events, it worked flawlessly so we're working out a deal for us to buy it since Castech is retiring.

I placed 3rd at Spence drain, was a bit of a surprise but 100 kegs + tailwind = fast runs if you don't make a mistake.

Timer:

alge.jpg

The CEO of Bentspoke lives neraby and brought some beer down for us to drink:

yates.jpg

Winner of Ainslie ditch

jacko.jpg

He also won dual slalom at Stromlo

jacko-dual.jpg

safreek

Skateboarding
Skateboard racing all weekend, I borrowed timing gear from Castech, a name some of you might recall from timing MTB events, it worked flawlessly so we're working out a deal for us to buy it since Castech is retiring.

I placed 3rd at Spence drain, was a bit of a surprise but 100 kegs + tailwind = fast runs if you don't make a mistake.

Timer:

View attachment 397834

The CEO of Bentspoke lives neraby and brought some beer down for us to drink:

View attachment 397835

Winner of Ainslie ditch

View attachment 397836

He also won dual slalom at Stromlo

View attachment 397837
Skateboarding without cones, smokey ones that is.. totally unaustralian