What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Slush! Heaps of it...spent the day slashing slush runs and dreaming of what summer might have on offer for me. I'll take slush over ice though.

Australian snow tourists are a wierd bunch. So many "isn't this just the perfect day?" Comments going around. No. No it is not a perfect day. The perfect day features 40+ cm of fresh overnight and heavy enough ongoing fall that every run is first tracks. Fuck your sun and fuck your visibility.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Slush! Heaps of it...spent the day slashing slush runs and dreaming of what summer might have on offer for me. I'll take slush over ice though.

Australian snow tourists are a wierd bunch. So many "isn't this just the perfect day?" Comments going around. No. No it is not a perfect day. The perfect day features 40+ cm of fresh overnight and heavy enough ongoing fall that every run is first tracks. Fuck your sun and fuck your visibility.
Please tell me you were riding on Tuesday as it was the only powder (ish) day of the season so far?

The above comments remind me of all the metro people saying its been a great season this year. If not for the huge dump at the start we would be in a world of hurt as it's only been little top up's of wet La Nina slop all season yet people still believe what the marketing departments try to portray.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Please tell me you were riding on Tuesday as it was the only powder (ish) day of the season so far?

The above comments remind me of all the metro people saying its been a great season this year. If not for the huge dump at the start we would be in a world of hurt as it's only been little top up's of wet La Nina slop all season yet people still believe what the marketing departments try to portray.
Hey!!! The epic pass team have kept me informed with reliable hype free updates all season...lol. Their most recent email bragged about over 2m of natural snow and commencement of "groomer season". Whatever the fuck that is? I just love the hype - evey season is the best season. If their lift tickets weren't so fucking $$$ an epic pass would be a shit idea, but for a week domestically and the foreign inclusions it works out well for me. Other's mileage may vary.

I was at falls creek on the powder day. There was about 15-20cm of it and it was reasonably dry snow. But it was over rock hard ice (previous day had a little melt to it and it rained before snowfall began. I can't figure out why falls is so popular? It doesn't have much appeal to me.

ausdb

Being who he is
Book week dress up day at the eldest's school today. He and half the school went as Harry Potter. He also informed me that Harry doesn't ride a bike to school, he catches a train. So I made the bike a train. Yes, I made train noises as I was riding :D
Well done @Labcanary extent of book week for us was my son going as a mountain biker which meant he got to wear his new helmet and bike kit and I had to buy a new copy of the WA MTB guidebook as like usual when you want somehting in our house you can never find it, stupid me forgot that a mtb mag would have been cheaper...
Daughter went as Juliette almost a vet which was just a lab coat from the dress up box and my wife having to re buy another toy doctor /stethoscope set off fakebook as she'd sold the one we already had.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

mtb1611

Seymour
Had friends over for lunch yesterday. I went to put a wine glass in the cupboard. I turned around to say something to a mate and smashed the glass into the shelf. Hand kept moving......blood everywhere, nasty gash. Got onto Facetime with mate's daughter who is a surgeon and she responded 'Get the f#$% to the hospital!' 4 hours, 2 internal and 6 external stitches later.....no riding, gym or drums for a while methinks! Turns out I'd nicked a vein, hence the amount of blood. Thumb still a bit numb today so hoping that's not indicative of nerve damage. When we got back from the hospital the boys (both 17) had completely cleaned everything up, stacked dishwasher etc. Bloody proud of them for that! Got pics but tad nasty!

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Come on Poods, who doesn't like boarding in shorts and a t-shirt!
I love a sun day. I even have an Hawaiian shirt I bust out for such days to "surf" the trees. But it can't be 90% of the season!

Had friends over for lunch yesterday. I went to put a wine glass in the cupboard. I turned around to say something to a mate and smashed the glass into the shelf. Hand kept moving......blood everywhere, nasty gash. Got onto Facetime with mate's daughter who is a surgeon and she responded 'Get the f#$% to the hospital!' 4 hours, 2 internal and 6 external stitches later.....no riding, gym or drums for a while methinks! Turns out I'd nicked a vein, hence the amount of blood. Thumb still a bit numb today so hoping that's not indicative of nerve damage. When we got back from the hospital the boys (both 17) had completely cleaned everything up, stacked dishwasher etc. Bloody proud of them for that! Got pics but tad nasty!
Ouch!!! Glass is a nasty mother fucker.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well done V/Line...you somehow have a train with lettered carriages (a, b, C, etc) that are not in order and have more than one carriage of the same letter...you guys know how to make it easy for people.