What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It finally happened...today I came across the mythical cheap avocados. I purchased a bagged 1kg (actually 1.1kg) for $4 from Coles. Yeah sure they are all hard as a rock, misshapen, and colours are shit...but maybe one day I'll be able to eat them. Maybe...

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
It finally happened...today I came across the mythical cheap avocados. I purchased a bagged 1kg (actually 1.1kg) for $4 from Coles. Yeah sure they are all hard as a rock, misshapen, and colours are shit...but maybe one day I'll be able to eat them. Maybe...
Get your sourbread and get your deconstructed avo on fancy toast on.

Set up a stand in the city and charge $15 with a coffee. The lines will be huge and it will be NBD before you know it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Cousin (he with the mini) asked if I could help him sort out a problem with his zero turn mower drive as he is currently carrying an injury. No worries. Turned up, small problem; he was going to lift the arse of the zero turn onto some jack stands with the tractor bucket but the 4in1 is yawning open and cannot close. So first to the tractor. Loader is plumbed and wired the same as mine. No clicky clicky at the solenoid end. Pulled the plug on the solenoid and one terminal (earth) looks crusty. Quick clean and no fix. Then grabbed cousin's multimeter and couldn't find power or continuity anywhere. Ahha, wiring problem somewhere. Worked back to the switch and still nothing. No power, no earth. Tested the multimeter on the battery, hmmmm battery is reading 230mV. AC. Meter is farked. Back to step one. Trace as much of the wiring as possible and it power feed disappears under the dash never to be seen again but the inline fuse is accessible. Join 5 short pieces of scrap trailer wire together and patch from battery direct to fuse block. Now we get clicky clicky. Fire up the tractor and the bucket works as planned. Nothing for it, need a dashectomy to find what is going on. Probably a 5 minute job in reality.

Found this shit.

Useless lazy fucking dealer used a scotch lock to tap into the harness. Wedged the spade terminal into the scotch lock and taped the whole lot together. Tape failed and the spade fell out of its hidey hole. Bastards. I wasted an hour on this. Knife plus some sidecutters and a soldering iron and some solder and tape and it works now.

And the zero turn had eaten the drive belt and somehow wedged it between one drive unit pulley and the hydraulic motor cover. Many many fancy words and a tyre lever, big mother screwdriver and podgy bar and it was encouraged to return to its home.

Bastards.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
It was all I was nearly allowed to get away with. Boss Man came out at 3.00 and politely ensured I was putting them where they were supposed to be before I went home. :p

Didn't know you had access to the security camera feed.......
I just know Mildura is the only place in the world where baby oil is only sold in 205L drums.

cammas

Seamstress
So I was supposed to be just watching and pointing at my son with the digger instead I’ve been shoving hands in here trying to get the digger up and going. So far we’ve lost 3 hours on this the first half was waiting on the diesel mechanic but after the diggers owner not hearing from him we said fuck it we’ll just do it ourselves.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So I was supposed to be just watching and pointing at my son with the digger instead I’ve been shoving hands in here trying to get the digger up and going. So far we’ve lost 3 hours on this the first half was waiting on the diesel mechanic but after the diggers owner not hearing from him we said fuck it we’ll just do it ourselves.
View attachment 391873
View attachment 391874
Look after your body!!! :eek:

cammas

Seamstress
Look after your body!!! :eek:
Thanks, a couple tight bolts but the boy got some and the 2 foot steel bar gave me the leverage I needed on one nut that was over tightened.
Son heard from the owner saying it was just serviced and the mechanic said the fan belt was prick of a job, as they say a poor tradesmen blames their tools, it’s like a 15 minute job with the right belt and decent set up. Once we had the right belt she was up and running, son did crap his pants as the temperature spiked but I guess that will happen after the water pump wasn’t running for a wee while, has dropped back down to a third on the gauge and hasn’t moved since. The boy is still at it trying to make up for lost time and fuck the neighbours as they are the reason I have to redo everything after they poisoned it all.