What does your day look like?

boyracer

Likes Dirt
Rule #7 - Never brake on wet wooden shit.
A mate did this in ADL north east 'burbs a few years back. Slowed to cross a wooden bridge with a decided hump and switch back style quick right/ left entry and exit ( On the Torrens river linear park track for those playing at home). Tyre went slideways under him. NFI how, but his bike managed to be wedged UNDER the bridge in the reeds and carp shit. He called me ( I lived a few minutes away) and we had fun extracting it with a bodged up hook and pole.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Got asked into work a little early today. Not much on so headed in after eating an amazing hamburger. My ride to work takes me over a little wooden pedestrian bridge. It is a popular spot for walking, fishing, cycling, being a jerk...and oh boy has it gotten slippery after all this fucking rain! I slowed up to work through the waddling crowd and whooosh! Fucking bike slips out, I go down, we slide about 3m into the balustrade, people are in shock...landing wasn't hard but I sure looked like a Jerry!
under carrington bridge?...
been there, done that..I did the exact same thing about 3 years ago whilst out on the fatbike..extra jerry points because fatbike!
thank fuck for the balustrade, otherwise your bike would have ended up in throsby creek......again!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That's how I ended up breaking ribs years ago, not once but twice. One was a hardwood wall ride berm the other was a steep slope skinny bridge covered in dirt from the hardcore enduro bro skidding the fuck out of everything.

Sounds almost as gnarly as my placid urban ride to work...I might even post a pic tomorrow just to show off how hardcore it is.

under carrington bridge?...
That's the one.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So the clothes dryer died, the griller element went in the oven (and has taken a month to find a replacement). The dishwasher stopped working yesterday and today the freezer started beeping and is barely freezing anything. FFS.:mad:
Sounds like you are dangerously close to experiencing a house fire.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
So the clothes dryer died, the griller element went in the oven (and has taken a month to find a replacement). The dishwasher stopped working yesterday and today the freezer started beeping and is barely freezing anything. FFS.:mad:
Usually that stuff comes in 3's, sounds like you are going for the double bubble... 2 more to go :(

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Spent a few hours on the dirt at OMV. These shoes are now officially the best grip and fit I've found for bike riding. I wish there was a bit more arch support though. I left an awesome shit in the bushes down there as well. Next to a little creek with a tiny waterfall.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dinner time in the city... elements bar and grill. I think I am in Pyrmont? If you're looking for an acceptable steak house experience right on the edge of Sydney Harbour this may be for you. The drinks list, especially the cocktails, is more interesting than the food. I have enjoyed my time here enough that I may come back another time.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
View attachment 391576

Spent a few hours on the dirt at OMV. These shoes are now officially the best grip and fit I've found for bike riding. I wish there was a bit more arch support though. I left an awesome shit in the bushes down there as well. Next to a little creek with a tiny waterfall.
Looks like it had enough form and structure to only get a bit of splatter on your shoes. Good work.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Looks like it had enough form and structure to only get a bit of splatter on your shoes. Good work.
Sort lumps and trails I rode were much drier than expected. Recent trail repairs feature a lot of rock armouring so there was a bit of run off through there.