What does your day look like?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
F-YES!
Spent a few years in the territory, those box jellies are no joke.
Blue bottles... Meh. Just pick em up by the bell and throw them at the next guy who snakes your wave.
(They do suck when they get you in the face though)
Have run into a few blooms of 'millions' of Catostylus mosaicus kayaking in Pumicestone passage. If you hit one it is like whacking a few kilograms of rock, you tilt the boat very quickly. Things trap so much water. Last time #2 and I got a few strands on hands and thighs and the stings were severe. Not sure where from but thinking other stingers amongst those big fellows. Anyway keep some vinegar handy. And some apple cider and red wine for medicinal purposes.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Have run into a few blooms of 'millions' of Catostylus mosaicus kayaking in Pumicestone passage. If you hit one it is like whacking a few kilograms of rock, you tilt the boat very quickly. Things trap so much water. Last time #2 and I got a few strands on hands and thighs and the stings were severe. Not sure where from but thinking other stingers amongst those big fellows. Anyway keep some vinegar handy. And some apple cider and red wine for medicinal purposes.
I think they have a mild sting. I've encountered them many times in the surf and often came away with a mild irritation. A few weeks ago I was on a train going over the Hawkesbury River and there was millions of them around the bridge. It was quite beautiful in a blobby kind of way.

I rode down to the end of the breakwall. There was a little bit of sunset and some boat movements going on.