What does your day look like?

Jpez

Down on the left!
We were in the same boat a while ago. Son got stung by a bee. Leg puffed up antibiotics and a few days in hospital. Dr reckons bee had a dirty stinger and caused an infection. Not sure I have heard of that but scary as swelling was going up the leg and had the Drs worried.

Glad to hear all on the mend.
Yeah it’s definitely scary when you see the red creeping up the limb. Glad your son got through it ok.

Minlak

custom titis
Thought that was an old wives tale? Not sure it would have helped much as leg was a mess. Did the usual ice etc but got worse and worse so off to ER.
Honey dose actually have healing properties :) The problem is the bees work on the Americans health care system :)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yeah it’s definitely scary when you see the red creeping up the limb. Glad your son got through it ok.
Almost sounds like an allergic reaction to the sting, I used to live next door to bee hives as a kid and every sting was worse than the time before.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Almost sounds like an allergic reaction to the sting, I used to live next door to bee hives as a kid and every sting was worse than the time before.
That’s what we we thought but docs said definitely not it’s an infection caused by the toxins. So yeah dunno. Hand still looks like it would pop if I put a pin in it but infection is gone.

Minlak

custom titis
That’s what we we thought but docs said definitely not it’s an infection caused by the toxins. So yeah dunno. Hand still looks like it would pop if I put a pin in it but infection is gone.
Having suffered many bee stings in my life I was actually curious when infection was mentioned as no body I had heard of ever getting infection - so looked it up - seems an allergic reaction will be anaphylactic shock and with out treatment quickly (think epee pen) you will die - and infection does occur and it’s more common than you think - this gets treated with antibiotics and something akin to a Staph infection - I also found that it’s very common for bee stings to have effects for up to 7 days after the sting pain numbness swelling irritation - I had only ever got stung pulled out stinger and forgot about them. Was actually interesting to read up on

now before you think are you that bored - yes yes I am cannot do anything for another 3 days (been 11 so far) and then very limited activity until March.

Last edited:

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
I used to keep hives. Love bee-keeping. But I had begun to experience worse reactions with each sting. Realised at some point I would have a sudden anaphylactic reaction, so had to stop. Now I just have all my natural swarms around, and lots of native bees.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Having suffered many bee stings in my life I was actually curious when infection was mentioned as no body I had heard of ever getting infection - so looked it up - seems an allergic reaction will be anaphylactic shock and with out treatment quickly (think epee pen) you will die - and infection does occur and it’s more common than you think - this gets treated with antibiotics and something akin to a Staph infection - I also found that it’s very common for bee stings to have effects for up to 7 days after the sting pain numbness swelling irritation - I had only ever got stung pulled out stinger and forgot about them. Was actually interesting to read up on

now before you think are you that bored - yes yes I am cannot do anything for another 3 days (been 11 so far) and then very limited activity until March.
The advantage of having big feet is that the venom is more diluted :D.

I haven't been stung in a long time, but I can remember not being able to put a shoe on my foot, it was so big.

slowmick

38-39"
Geez Jpez. Hope little Miss Pez back enjoying the school holidays quick smart. Happy New Year.

Must the the time of year for bees/wasps etc. We took a trip to the nurse on call at the chemist tonight as my daughter got bitten by something on the water slide. Big red hand, lots of crying. Nurse checked all of her vitals to see if she was having a big allergic reaction then pulled out a strong magnifying glass and pulled out a tiny stinger from her hand. One large bad of medicine later we will keep and eye on her over night.

Actually my daughter had a visit from a bee keeper at kinder. They learned all about bees, bee safety and honey. She got stung later in the day "helping" a bee out of the water under the drink taps.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yeah all good thanks for asking.
She got stung by a bee and got a really bad reaction to the toxins. Weird as she’s been stung twice before and by a wasp!
Quite a significant infection which super strong antibiotics took care of. Her hand was so swollen it was really scary. They were going to keep her for two nights but the infection has gone. Just insane swelling now which got the plastics doctors involved because lots of little nerves can be damaged. But antibiotics. How good is science!!
Great to hear the infection has gone @Jpez hopefully the swelling has followed suit and gone down as well.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
First trail ride for the year! I'm hell wonky as I have a shit load of water in my right ear and constant ringing from a swim last night. Met up with a few mates and kicked off on the local "pump action" jumps. Then moved on to some trails. We eventually came to the aptly named "No B-lines" and decided to session the top section a few times. This features a small rock drop, a couple of berms, a step step down that's about 6m long into another step down over the "gap of doom" that is about 5m long into a sweet right hand berm that is kind of tight. Fuck it was dusty riding with 2 others!

So we ride through a few times and it's going pretty well. I guess it's time to get cheeky? Now the landing of this second step down is pretty short and the corner comes up really fast. Mate in front of me throws a fat whip, I crank a nice high tuck (the kids used to call it a pencil!), land a little flat, then through the dust I see he is loose and struggling to hold the corner. He is side ways the wrong way, back tyre nearly off the berm, head way out past the front tyre, is he gonna hold this or do I need to bail to not hit him? Holy fucking shit where did that tree come from???? BRAKE YOU STUPID ARSE HOLE!!!! BRAKE!!!!!!

Holy shit did I hit that tree hard! When the berm was built the trail crew seem to have used this tree to brace the start of the berm. It's a pretty sharp angle with a steep face that you can rail nicely if you are on the right line and paying attention. I grabbed both brakes about 1 bike length from the tree (judging by skid marks) and managed the best times bail I have ever performed. Of course the suspension was fully loaded and really popped the bike into the tree as I dropped off the back and ghosted it. All I copped was a minor stub to the end of my big toe.

The bike is actually fine too. I had to realign the brake lever, stem/bar, and tension the headset but otherwise it's like nothing happened. Fuck I'm glad I didn't hit the tree with my body! Those bastards don't bend much.

Spent the rest of the afternoon riding just a little tamer.