What does your day look like?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I enjoyed an authentic Cantonese meal (beef with cashew) from the Mandarin restaurant...it was tasty and the staff were nice, but I was confused by all the claims being made.

IMG_20211106_124959646~2.jpg

Then I spent the afternoon riding the quarry of death. That was fucking awesome. It rained here for about 2 hours on Thursday afternoon, but the trails out there were so dusty! Hit some pretty big sends as well which was exhilarating. I had one pretty close call late in the session. Step down (next to the A-frame for those at home) into 3 "tables". I choose the big one and drive my front wheel into the large root in the landing area about 6m from the kicker. Push back and come in hot..."I'll fucking get past that root this time!!!" and I did, by a little more than a bike length. Which just happens to be where another sizable root has made its way to the surface. I hit that thing with my front wheel very hard. It was the contact point for landing and ripped the front wheel out from under me. I was very sure I was going over the bars and eating shit! But I managed to pull the front wheel back, slam the back wheel down, bounce off into the bushes, steer back to the trail, drop a pedal, tear my sock, no blood, pull over and declare myself done for the day. Much to the amusement of my ride buddy. Apparently it was a very loud landing and comical bronco busting moment.

If it doesn't rain-pocalypse tomorrow will hopefully head out for more of it.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I enjoyed an authentic Cantonese meal (beef with cashew) from the Mandarin restaurant...it was tasty and the staff were nice, but I was confused by all the claims being made.

View attachment 382593

Then I spent the afternoon riding the quarry of death. That was fucking awesome. It rained here for about 2 hours on Thursday afternoon, but the trails out there were so dusty! Hit some pretty big sends as well which was exhilarating. I had one pretty close call late in the session. Step down (next to the A-frame for those at home) into 3 "tables". I choose the big one and drive my front wheel into the large root in the landing area about 6m from the kicker. Push back and come in hot..."I'll fucking get past that root this time!!!" and I did, by a little more than a bike length. Which just happens to be where another sizable root has made its way to the surface. I hit that thing with my front wheel very hard. It was the contact point for landing and ripped the front wheel out from under me. I was very sure I was going over the bars and eating shit! But I managed to pull the front wheel back, slam the back wheel down, bounce off into the bushes, steer back to the trail, drop a pedal, tear my sock, no blood, pull over and declare myself done for the day. Much to the amusement of my ride buddy. Apparently it was a very loud landing and comical bronco busting moment.

If it doesn't rain-pocalypse tomorrow will hopefully head out for more of it.
Is there some new stuff slightly South of the quarry? Had this pop up on a friend's feed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I was expecting a lot of new stuff after lockdown, but there wasn't much new really. I don't recall seeing anything like your screenshot either. Hopefully get out there again soon and I'll be keeping an eye out for new tail entries.

It felt so good to ride outside my LGA!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The main storm water pipe has collapsed under the concrete path. Under an air conditioning compressor. Fuck me rotten
How wide is the path? Can you make a trench under it, next to the existing stormy, without pulling up the concrete?

If you play it right, you might be up for a couple of plumb Quicks, a short length of pipe, and a bit of digging.

Sent from my H8324 using Tapatalk

Freediver

I can go full Karen
How wide is the path? Can you make a trench under it, next to the existing stormy, without pulling up the concrete?

If you play it right, you might be up for a couple of plumb Quicks, a short length of pipe, and a bit of digging.

I know you're the qualified plumber and I'm not but aren't they for above ground only?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I know you're the qualified plumber and I'm not but aren't they for above ground only?
Nah, can definitely bury plumbquicks. It's acceptable for sewer even, stormy is definitely fine.

The real crime is that it's legal to use 90mm stormy pipe underground. It's half the thickness of sewer grade so pinches, bends and cracks much easier. It's cheaper, but it's garbage underground.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ that sucks @link1896. Good luck!

"Can you come in early?"

First big night back at main job. A "mellow" gig turned into nearly 1000 patrons and a team of mostly new people...and an 11 hour shift.