What does your day look like?

Norco Maniac

Is back!
That end of town copped it the worst. I came home to my old SUV totally dimpled, my trees stripped, my plant pots smashed, 10cm of hail on the ground looking like winter in Europe, and a busted skylight pouring water into the house.

New (secondhand) Navara needs a new bonnet :(

FML.

moorey

call me Mia
Gave up on my chainsaw.
It’s 22yo.
Cuts probably 20t a year.
Been run over twice.
Crushed under falling tree.
Submerged in slurry then left for 12 months. Cleaned and lubed it…went like a top for 3 more years.
Still on original piston/rings.
One oil pump replaced.

Over the last 18 month, I’ve had it apart for more time than it’s been running. Clutch shat itself last month, so chain always spun. Just needed a couple more hours out of it today with a cold spell hitting and the wife complaining.
Oil pump packed it in today.

I can do no more. It’s been abused, and gone way beyond what it should have. Wife got sick of me spending another Saturday with it in pieces trying to squeeze a little more life out of it.
Told me to go buy a new one.

Woot, new chainsaw day coming. As excited as new bike day.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Gave up on my chainsaw.
It’s 22yo.
Been run over twice.
Submerged in slurry then left for 12 months. Cleaned and lubed it…went like a top for 3 more years.
One oil pump replaced.

Over the last 18 month, I’ve had it apart for more time than it’s been running. Clutch shat itself last month, so chain always spun. Just needed a couple more hours out of it today with a cold spell hitting and the wife complaining.

I can do no more. It’s been abused, and gone way beyond what it should have. Wife got sick of me spending another Saturday with it in pieces trying to squeeze a little more life out of it.

You lead such a disposable consumerist lifestyle. For only a few more days of tinkering that chainsaw didn't have to end up as scrap.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Finally got to see my parents again - and even spent a little time out in the shed with the old man doing some machining. I ninja’d a shot of him while he was drilling a new hole through a spare Fox 36 air shaft for me:

This allowed me to shorten the air shaft 20mm, which’ll give me 120mm travel Fox 36’s… Love me some tinkering! :)

Last edited:

mark22

Likes Dirt
Gave up on my chainsaw.
It’s 22yo.
Been run over twice.
One oil pump replaced.

It was a Stihl wasn't it?