What does your day look like?

cammas

Seamstress
I whipper snipper'd in shorts once, once only lol.
Yep made that mistake once quite a few years ago, it was a good way find a piece of fencing wire in long grass and not the thin shit proper fencing wire. Felt a whack on my leg looked down there’s some wire on my leg and it hurt, go to move it said wire off my leg mmm… not moving?
Walk up to the house and call out to the Mrs to give me hand, she’s like “nope, I think you need to go to hospital”, nah we don’t have one here I’ll do it myself. Try to pull the wire, its stuck good and proper, a bit more force, i vomited from the pain but it’s not really moving, a little harder and I see the skin stretching then I see it has bent where it entered my leg. I vomited again, then twist around to the right angle and it popped out so I put on pants to finish the job. I can honestly say it was the one and only time I’ve ever vomited from pain.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yep made that mistake once quite a few years ago, it was a good way find a piece of fencing wire in long grass and not the thin shit proper fencing wire. Felt a whack on my leg looked down there’s some wire on my leg and it hurt, go to move it said wire off my leg mmm… not moving?
Walk up to the house and call out to the Mrs to give me hand, she’s like “nope, I think you need to go to hospital”, nah we don’t have one here I’ll do it myself. Try to pull the wire, its stuck good and proper, a bit more force, i vomited from the pain but it’s not really moving, a little harder and I see the skin stretching then I see it has bent where it entered my leg. I vomited again, then twist around to the right angle and it popped out so I put on pants to finish the job. I can honestly say it was the one and only time I’ve ever vomited from pain.
You should have got your wife to stomp on your balls so you were distracted from the wire job...

That sounds like a very painful experience.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Just grabbing myself an essential coffee and noticed my local chiropractor was in such a rush to be clear that they will not discriminate the unvaccinated that they have created a bit of uncertainty by leaving out others who are actually protected by anti discrimination legislation...also I would have thought they (like actual health professionals) would have patients or clients rather than customers?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Possibly better suited to the fuckwits thread... Weldering the new pointy bit for the trailer. Auto helmet didn't, flat battery. 24x5. Chemist had two! Wrist sat on a nice edge of the bench, beauty I will just follow that. Lost track of the joint. Stopped to discover I have now done a very neat helix on the pipe. No where near the plate joint. Other side, left foot is getting warm. Damn, some slag or something no, frayed jeans hem is burning, hey lord of the flame, your jeans are on fire. Lucky I have a grinder.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Possibly better suited to the fuckwits thread... Weldering the new pointy bit for the trailer. Auto helmet didn't, flat battery. 24x5. Chemist had two! Wrist sat on a nice edge of the bench, beauty I will just follow that. Lost track of the joint. Stopped to discover I have now done a very neat helix on the pipe. No where near the plate joint. Other side, left foot is getting warm. Damn, some slag or something no, frayed jeans hem is burning, hey lord of the flame, your jeans are on fire. Lucky I have a grinder.
Really brought your A game today.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Look out @Minlak! Someone is gunning for your spot.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Decided to do some pretty, well pretty for me, before I added the chain links. The end cap is only 3t as it is simply cosmetic so this weird trend that the yanks are using for chassis welding is ok in this instance. A bit of a kiss with the old 125mm roundy roundy thing and it is ready for fitting to the trailer.

Anyone interested in a left shoe? Generously abused but now with a 25mm ventilation hole on the top.

EDIT: I bought a workshop mobile stool thingy, what a difference having that made welding the sides, a nice stable height and I could walk it around as the weld ran along. Absolutely a worthwhile purchase.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Decided to go for a walk along some of the trails I normally ride. It was bird city! At one point we had a group of Currawongs shadowing us - their noises / calls and general chatter are my favourites. Great birds.

Tried to get a photo avian photos but most came out terribly. This was the only remotely decent one:

slowmick

38-39"
My daughter woke me up early this morning as she wanted to play before work. Then she decided we needed to make bacon and eggs for breakfast. My wife just presented last nights pasta reheated for lunch. I'm gonna need a whole lot of coffee not to got face down on the keyboard in the next 20 minutes.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Made the wife coffee the other day and my art is so piss poor I no longer bother. I dropped the last of the froth in the middle and it made a very neat flower. When she saw it she said you have been practising, that is great. No, that was a happy accident and it will never happen again...